Director of Digital Design
San Francisco, CA
Gantri is the world’s first digital manufacturer for designer lighting. We partner with world’s best creators to develop creative, practical lighting designs made from sustainable materials. We sell directly to consumers online and manufacture products on-demand using 3D printing, which allows us to offer unique designs at more accessible prices.
Since launching in 2017, we’ve collaborated with the world’s best designers and studios, including Ammunition (Beats by Dre), Smart Design (OXO), and Karim Rashid. We’re the most awarded lighting brand in the US, winning Time’s Best Inventions, Fast Company’s Most Innovative in Design, and many other awards.
We are seeking a Director of Digital Design to lead our design team, driving the aesthetic and functional evolution of our software products for consumers, creators and our staff at the factory. The ideal candidate will possess a perfect blend of strategic mindset and hands-on expertise, as well as a passion for creating user-centric designs that serve both our consumer and manufacturing audiences.
- Lead and manage our product design team, ensuring that design strategies align with company goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement a cohesive design system that promotes consistency and scalability across all our digital platforms - admin (MES), create hub (creator portal), shop (gantri.com).
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to ensure that the design vision is realized in final products.
- Foster a culture of design thinking, ensuring user-centricity is at the heart of our product development process.
- Stay abreast of the latest design trends, tools, and technologies, ensuring our designs remain fresh and competitive.
- Lead user research efforts to gain insights into user needs, behaviors, and pain points, translating findings into actionable design strategies.
- Mentor and develop design team members, ensuring their continuous growth and success.
- Oversee and manage design projects, ensuring they are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, UX/UI, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in digital product design, with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
- Strong portfolio showcasing a diverse range of digital design work for both consumer-facing and B2B platforms.
- Proficient in design software such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and others.
- Demonstrated experience in building and implementing design systems.
- Strong understanding of user-centric design principles and methodologies.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to navigate and drive results in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation days and paid holidays
- Access to 3D printers for your personal projects
- Monthly team lunches
- And much more
$210,000 - $230,000 a year