Senior Software Engineer (Node + Postgres)
San Francisco, CA
Gantri is a new kind of design manufacturer. We help designers create high-quality, affordable and sustainable modern designs and sell directly to consumers. Our secret? Manufacturing products on-demand using cutting-edge 3D printing and innovative plant-based materials.
Since launching lighting in 2017, we've collaborated with some of world's best designers, studios and brands, including Ammunition, Dims and Muka Design Lab. We’re the winner of Time’s Best Inventions 2020, Fast Company’s Most Innovative in Design 2020, Gear Patrol’s Top 100 Products of 2020, Architectural Digest’s Cleverest Awards 2020 and many other awards.
Gantri is looking for a passionate backend engineer to focus on building APIs that power our online marketplace, designer Create Hub and manufacturing operations dashboard. You'll develop high quality, highly available systems within Gantri's API framework to serve application needs. You'll also work on other projects including identity management, machine-learning for print failure detection and robotic finishing.
We develop rapidly with ongoing releases and have exciting challenges around smart machine management, machine-learning driven error detection and more. This role would closely collaborate with product, design and manufacturing to deliver amazing experiences for consumers and designers on the web.
We view each engineer as a true product engineer with a high degree of ownership and autonomy. We are a lean, fast-moving team that prefers to avoid meetings and focus 100% on driving impact.
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Deep expertise in NodeJS, Postgres and MongoDB.
- Experience with at least one other general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Python or Go.
- Proficiency in designing, building and debugging distributed systems.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills and a high degree of ownership and drive.
- A passion for design and manufacturing.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation days and paid holidays
- Work from X benefits
- Access to 3D printers for your personal projects
- Monthly team lunches
- And much more