Senior Product Design Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Industrial Design /
Gantri is a new kind of design manufacturer. We help designers create high-quality, affordable and sustainable modern designs and sell directly to consumers. Our secret? Manufacturing products on-demand using cutting-edge 3D printing and innovative plant-based materials.
Since launching lighting in 2017, we've collaborated with some of world's best designers, studios and brands, including Ammunition, Dims and Muka Design Lab. We’re the winner of Time’s Best Inventions 2020, Fast Company’s Most Innovative in Design 2020, Gear Patrol’s Top 100 Products of 2020, Architectural Digest’s Cleverest Awards 2020 and many other awards.
Gantri is looking for a highly motivated Product Design Engineer to develop amazing lighting and furniture products. This is an exciting opportunity to work with the world's best designers and brands to bring new ideas from concept to market.
As the Product Design Engineer you will work closely with our designer partners to conceive, develop and bring into production innovative lighting and furniture products that consumers will love. Your goal is to ensure that each product meets our high standards of design novelty, user experience, manufacturability, ease of assembly and durability.
We're a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work with highly motivated teams on extremely challenging projects. We're looking for individuals that have a passion for our mission to empower design.
- Project-manage and assist designers through the design process.
- Optimize 3D models for our 3D printing-based production process.
- Prototype and test designs according to our quality assurance procedures.
- Work with production team to conduct trial production runs
- Develop quality standards for existing and future product categories
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree Mechanical Engineering, Product Design Engineering, Industrial Design or a related field.
- 5 years of product development or mechanical engineering experiences.
- Familiarity with different manufacturing processes and materials. Previous experiences using FDM 3D printing is a plus.
- A strong grasp of CAD, especially parametric CAD programs.
- The ability to visualize 3D forms.
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey concepts in simple, easy to understand language.
- Passion for taking ideas to market. Having previously launched products to market is a plus.
- Demonstrated the ability to multi-task, set priorities, and self-manage against tight timelines and ambitious expectations.
- Contagious enthusiasm - hard-working, attentive to detail and highly organized.
- Already a fan of the Gantri mission, our design philosophy and the drive to reimagine a centuries-old industry.
- Fluency in Spanish, Italian or French is a plus.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation days and paid holidays
- Work from X benefits
- Access to 3D printers for your personal projects
- Monthly team lunches
- And much more