Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Additive Manufacturing)
San Francisco, CA /
Manufacturing Engineering /
Gantri is a new kind of design manufacturer. We help designers create high-quality, affordable and sustainable modern designs and sell directly to consumers. Our secret? Manufacturing products on-demand using cutting-edge 3D printing and innovative plant-based materials at the world’s largest 3D printing facility.
Since launching lighting in 2017, we've collaborated with some of world's best designers, studios and brands, including Ammunition, Dims and Muka Design Lab. We’re the winner of Time’s Best Inventions 2020, Fast Company’s Most Innovative in Design 2020, Gear Patrol’s Top 100 Products of 2020, Architectural Digest’s Cleverest Awards 2020 and many other awards.
We're looking for a passionate experienced manufacturing engineer to help enable Gantri’s strategic hardware plan around additive and subtractive manufacturing. You will be at the leading edge of manufacturing innovation that enables the creation of environmentally friendly products-on demand for the modern consumer. Our automated manufacturing R&D factory has plenty of opportunities to develop new exciting manufacturing technology solutions. Exciting projects coming up include automating our factory through AI, computer vision, robotics, and the use of innovative manufacturing techniques to make customized products for our customers. We view each engineer as a true product engineer with a high degree of ownership and autonomy.
We are a lean, fast-moving team that prefers to avoid meetings and focus 100% on driving impact.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (e.g. - manufacturing supervisors, operators, software, industrial design, and hardware engineering teams) to define the requirements and scope of the manufacturing process solutions
- Design, develop, and implement the manufacturing process and operations solutions that significantly improve the productivity of Gantri’s on-demand digital manufacturing factory.
- Conduct tests to ensure that manufacturing process solutions developed are robust, operate safely and meet the intended functional requirements prior to implementation in Gantri’s digital manufacturing factory.
- For each project, define scope, budget, cost / ROI estimates and project schedule.
- Develop clear work instructions via standard operating procedures (SOP), process flow, and provide training for operators and supervisors
- Provide technical support and directions for manufacturing solutions
- Stay on top of the state of the art in manufacturing technologies (e.g. - robotics, AI, Machine Learning, etc.) and leverage the latest technologies as appropriate to enable manufacturing solutions for Gantri’s digital manufacturing factory.
- Enable continuous improvement of the manufacturing process solutions by recurrent analysis of process bottlenecks and ability of the process to meet or exceed our manufacturing OKRs (Objectives and Key Results)
- Apply structured problem solving approach (e.g. - Shainin, 6-Sigma, 5 whys, FMEA, Statistical Analyses, DOE, etc) to identify root causes and to implement solutions that continuously improves manufacturing operations
- Work independently to drive manufacturing process projects successfully to completion
- Bachelors in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering or similar education required. Master’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years hands on experience and demonstrated proficiency in manufacturing, process engineering, project management, problem solving, designing, building and testing, and installing high-productivity manufacturing solutions in addition to working with external partners to enable solutions. Share at least 3 examples of working independently to successfully drive projects to completion.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced startup environment
- Deep knowledge and experience with state of the art in Manufacturing and Process Engineering
- Experience designing mechanical equipment, fixtures, tooling and the like using CAD software such as Autodesk, Solidworks, etc.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills along with attention to details. Share a few examples of using structured problem solving to solve complex manufacturing, process and operations problems.
- Self driven and a strong team player with excellent communication skills and a high degree of ownership and drive
- A passion for manufacturing and process engineering
- Hands on manufacturing and process engineering experience in a consumer product factory
- Experience developing and managing the end-to-end process flow for the entire factory
- Six sigma application experience
- Experience working in a factory environment with a fleet of 3D printers
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation days and paid holidays
- Work from X benefits
- Access to 3D printers for your personal projects
- Monthly team lunches
- And much more