Senior Backend Engineer
United States /
Genie's mission is to power NFT commerce. As the first and largest NFT marketplace aggregator, we allow users and applications to access NFT liquidity across leading marketplaces, including OpenSea, Rarible, and LarvaLabs. This creates a user-friendly experience that is positive sum for everyone in the ecosystem.
Since launching in November 2021, Genie has done over $400,000,000 in transaction volume. We are also supported by the best VCs and angel investors in the web3 space, including Framework Ventures and Coinbase.
2022 is an important year for Genie. We're expanding our product suite and offering buyers, sellers, and creators a range of tools across the entire user journey. We hope you'll join us for the ride — compensation is competitive and negotiable.
We are looking for a talented senior engineer to join our back-end engineering team. As a core team member, you will work on mission-critical projects and play a massive role in shaping the NFT industry.
- Architect highly scalable systems
- Scale and maintain an ever-expanding global orderbook of assets, asset data, and prices
- Integrate new NFT marketplaces to Genie's global orderbook
- Lead Genie's API development and implementation
- Work alongside external partners to integrate Genie's API
- Provide leadership for the back-end engineering team
Requirements - Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional
- 6+ years of professional experience building production-grade, data-intensive, and scalable backend services
- Ability to lead or co-lead development and work with teams of different sizes
- Strong technical grasp and excellent judgment on task prioritizations
- Designed and worked on database platforms which support large datasets
Requirements - Technology
- Typescript, Golang, Python, Docker
- Data-streaming (RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- SQL (postgresql preferably), noSQL (mongodb preferably)
- AWS (or equivalent platforms)