Senior Backend Engineer
Digital identity remains the fundamental, unsolved problem of the internet. At GlobaliD, we believe that the future of digital identity gives people control of their data, simplifies trust for businesses, and enables developers to build privacy-preserving products for tomorrow’s web. We are on a mission to solve society’s identity problem with a credentials-based approach that challenges the status quo, expands access, and empowers all people
We are seeking a full-time Node.Js/Typescript Technical Lead Engineer to join our backend team. As a Backend Technical Engineer, you will lead a team that specializes in building products on best in class technologies.
What you will be doing:
- Work collaboratively with our Product, Design, and Architect teams to plan and build new and innovative application experiences for the backend platform
- Oversee the Implementation of Node.Js based micro-services written in TypeScript that expose both public and private API’s and integrates with existing platform services
- Architect reusable software components and libraries
- Analyze and optimize backend and infrastructure code for quality, efficiency and performance
- Utilizing Agile methodologies, break down roadmap goals into digestible epics and/or stories and working with a scrum master to plan goals
- Code user stories, help unblock the team, coach the engineers, be a beacon of positivity
What you should have:
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership or mentorship role, following Agile and Scrum methodologies and building applications using Typescript
- 6+ years experience building micro-services based platforms with Node.Js
- Experience with Docker, PostgresSQL and supporting libraries
- Experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and unit testing techniques
- Experience in collaborative development, including pair programming and in depth code reviews
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to GlobaliD’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
California Employee Privacy NoticeEffective Date: 1/1/2020
Notice to Applicants for Employment, Employees, and Contractors:
This California Employee Privacy Notice is intended to provide California consumers who are employed or apply for employment or a contractor position with GlobaliD information about the categories of personal information GlobaliD collects and how the company uses this information. For any questions about this notice, please contact security@GlobaliD.com
Personal Information GlobaliD Collects:
Identifying information: including name, address, email, telephone number, social security number, driver license number, passport number, and other personal identifying information. Information you provide as a part of a job application or from a background check performed after a job offered is extended, including employment, education, credit, and criminal history. Data on work productivity and performance, including hours worked, electronic network activity, and tasks performed.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information:
To consider applications for employment. To complete payments, including payroll, expense reimbursement, other compensation-related payments, and the administration of stock options. To administer benefits, including medical, dental, vision, commuter, and retirement benefits. To provide human resources services and conduct performance evaluations. To monitor work eligibility including work-related licenses, credentials, training, and eligibility to work in the United States. To ensure a safe and efficient working environment. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements including state and federal company reporting obligations.