Business Development Lead
Business / Legal /
Founded by two ex-Coinbase employees and backed by top investors including Andreesen Horowitz, Coinbase, IDEO, and Kindred Ventures, Goldfinch is a decentralized credit platform that is using crypto to empower financial inclusion around the world.
Our vision is to build a global, decentralized network that allows anyone to be a lender, not just banks. Since announcing the protocol in January 2021, the loan book has doubled every 2 months. We now serve thousands of end-borrowers across three continents and over 10 different countries. And we're just getting started.
The Business Development Lead will be responsible for finding, imagining, and closing meaningful partnerships and integrations for the Goldfinch protocol, both in DeFi but also the broader tech and finance industries. The ideal candidate will be technical enough to read protocol docs, plugged-in enough to know about new opportunities as they arise, and savvy enough to separate meaningful from merely interesting integrations. This includes creating a partnership strategy as well as sourcing, scoping and leading integrations with various partners such as DAOs/protocols, marketplaces, exchanges, tools, wallets, finance institutions. You'll play a key role in driving the next phase of growth and expansion of the Goldfinch protocol and will work closely with the Warbler Labs Product and Engineering teams, as well as other members of the Goldfinch community.
This role is full time. All roles are remote within 3 timezones of the Bay Area. If you’re in the Bay, we’d love to see you for our twice-weekly encouraged “in-office days” at a local WeWork!
- Generate and propose a partnership and integration strategy for the Goldfinch protocol
- Develop and secure key partnerships across the web3 and general fintech space including DAOs/protocols, marketplaces, exchanges, wallets, tradfi institutions, and more
- Manage outreach, scoping and integration efforts with partners
- Support partners as they work through the integration process, including working with the Warbler Labs Engineering team and other engineers in the Goldfinch community
- Provide ongoing support for partners including advocating for them internally and in the Goldfinch community
- Lead the process of creating content and tools to support partnerships including documentation, etc.
- Track, analyze, and communicate quantitative metrics and business trends as they relate to partnerships
- Excitement about crypto and the Goldfinch mission!
- 3 - 5 years of combined work experience in partnerships in the web2 and/or web3 space
- Deep technical understanding of DeFi composability, protocols, crypto markets, smart contracts, blockchain development
- Demonstrated track record of leading and negotiating successful partnerships
- Excellent at prioritizing, establishing clear goals and clearly communicate goals and objectives to the team
- Experience in managing and executing multiple initiatives and activations at the same time
- Cross-functional experience working with internal and external stakeholders to execute projects
- Previous experience in a startup or DAO environment is a big plus
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance covered 99%+
- Competitive equity compensation & governance token incentives
- Subsidies for laptop and remote office setups
- Free office lunches (if in the Bay Area)
- All-access Wework passes and frequent trips to the Bay Area (if remote)
We aim to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds - not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. People from all across the globe and all walks of life participate in our protocol, and we'd like our team to reflect that. If you share our interest in DeFi and our passion for promoting financial inclusion, we'd love to have you on the team.