Business Operations Manager
Business / Legal /
Founded by two ex-Coinbase employees and backed by top investors including Andreesen Horowitz, Coinbase, IDEO, and Kindred Ventures, Goldfinch is a decentralized credit platform that is using crypto to empower financial inclusion around the world.
Our vision is to build a global, decentralized network that allows anyone to be a lender, not just banks. Since announcing the protocol in January 2021, the loan book has doubled every 2 months. We now serve thousands of end-borrowers across three continents and over 10 different countries. And we're just getting started. Over the coming year, we will launch a decentralized network to massively scale the types and amount of lending that we can support.
As Goldfinch's Business Operations Manager, you'll have a once-in-a-career opportunity to build a DeFi protocol and community from the ground up. Mainly you will be responsible for driving cross-functional initiatives to support the launch of the protocol and for building a best-in-class experience for protocol participants. Top candidates for this position will be motivated generalists who are eager to learn more about decentralized finance and who thrive in a small startup environment. Direct experience with crypto isn't necessary, but we do require a willingness to learn!
What You'll Do:
- Lead projects with both internal and external stakeholders that support the launch and development of the Goldfinch protocol
- Actively engage with the Goldfinch ecosystem to build relationships and develop a deep understanding of the needs and priorities of various stakeholders
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally within Goldfinch to advocate for and drive forward ecosystem improvement and growth initiatives
- Build our online presence to fuel adoption by generating short and longer-form content, organizing events etc.
- Spearhead community initiatives to educate and grow users and network participants
- Examples of possible projects in 2021 - Design and implement a scalable onboarding process for liquidity providers, set up an insurance program for liquidity providers, own community outreach
- Some exposure to crypto & DeFi, and excitement about the Goldfinch vision!
- 2-4 years of experience in business operations, business development, community management or similar
- Cross-functional experience working with internal and external stakeholders to execute projects
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and find solutions to challenging problems
- Ability to fully own a problem / project from start to finish
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in the crypto industry
- Experience working in emerging markets
Benefits / Perks:
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance covered 99%+
- Competitive equity compensation & governance token incentives
- Subsidies for laptop and remote office setups
- Free office lunches (if in the Bay Area)
- All-access Wework passes and frequent trips to the Bay Area (if remote)
We aim to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds - not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. People from all across the globe and all walks of life participate in our protocol, and we'd like our team to reflect that. If you share our interest in DeFi and our passion for promoting financial inclusion, we'd love to have you on the team.