Head of Community
Business / Legal /
Founded by two ex-Coinbase employees and backed by top investors including Andreesen Horowitz, Coinbase, IDEO, and Kindred Ventures, Goldfinch is a decentralized credit platform that is using crypto to empower financial inclusion around the world.
Our vision is to build a global, decentralized network that allows anyone to be a lender, not just banks. Since announcing the protocol in January 2021, the loan book has doubled every 2 months. We now serve thousands of end-borrowers across three continents and over 10 different countries. And we're just getting started.
As the Head of Community at Goldfinch, you’ll be responsible for creating a healthy, self sustaining, and growing community for the Goldfinch Protocol. Currently, the Goldfinch community primarily includes individuals from DeFi and traditional finance who are interacting with the Goldfinch protocol and community. It lives & thrives on various platforms, including Discord and Twitter. You’ll get creative on how to incentivize decentralized growth of the community, and how the community can help themselves. You’ll work closely with product and marketing to ensure smooth launches and consistent messaging. You’ll find ways to leverage community insights to inform business and protocol decisions. You like thinking strategically and also getting your hands dirty with implementation.
This role is full time. All roles are remote within 3 timezones of the Bay Area. If you’re in the Bay, we’d love to see you for our twice-weekly encouraged “in-office days” at a local WeWork!
- Define and implement the overarching Goldfinch community strategy, including strategy for the Discord community, in line with the objectives of the Goldfinch protocol
- Work cross-functionally with the Warbler team and with the existing Discord community to devise and execute plans to improve Goldfinch community onboarding and retention
- Support in shaping the Discord community management structure and processes as needed
- Plan and host digital and in-person community events
- Support the process of creating and updating content such as tutorials and documentation
- Actively initiate and engage in conversations across all major channels including Discord, Telegram, Reddit, Youtube, and Twitter
- Build relationships with and collect data and insights from key voices in the community
- Work closely with the Marketing team and community to plan campaigns and events to grow and educate the community
- Serve as the liaison between the Warbler team and the community; be the voice of the community in internal Warbler discussions and planning
- 3+ years of work experience in online community management
- Passionate for the Goldfinch mission
- Passionate about DeFi and finance communities
- Strong experience and good intuition for community sentiment, being a strong voice/personality, and resolving issues
- Cross-functional experience working with internal and external stakeholders to execute projects
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and find solutions to challenging problems
- Past projects in community education and growth
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance covered 99%+
- Competitive equity compensation & governance token incentives
- Subsidies for laptop and remote office setups
- Free office lunches (if in the Bay Area)
- All-access Wework passes and frequent trips to the Bay Area (if remote)
We aim to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds - not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. People from all across the globe and all walks of life participate in our protocol, and we'd like our team to reflect that. If you share our interest in DeFi and our passion for promoting financial inclusion, we'd love to have you on the team.