Software Engineer - Analytics & Optimization
Western Europe /
Granular is a fast-growing climate tech startup developing a platform to help electricity consumers, producers and suppliers move towards 24/7 clean energy. Our SaaS platform gives our clients visibility over how electricity was produced on each hour using hourly energy certificates and allow them to trade clean energy with each other. You can find out more about the 24/7 energy space in this article.
We are active across Europe and the US and have partnered with Europe’s leading power exchange and grid operators, among others. Our seed round was led by some of the world’s top early-stage VCs, and we are currently preparing for our next funding round.
What will I be doing
We are looking for a software engineer with experience building products featuring data analytics and mathematical models, to join our growing tech & product team. You will actively participate in the product development and delivery.
In a typical day you will
- Contribute to features scoping, prototyping and implementation
- Pair with the backend team to develop the engine that powers Granular Platform
- Test, launch and iterate on product features base, in a client-driven approach
- Because the team is small, there are opportunities to get involved in other projects like hiring and team organization, product testing, platform architecture, and strategy if that's of interest
Our current tech stack
- Main languages: Python, PostgreSQL, Kotlin
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of Python and SQL
- Fluent English speaker
- High degree of curiosity for the energy sector
- Great interpersonal, communication, and organisation skills
- Analytical mindset / mathematical background. Understanding of optimisation and linear algebra is a strong plus
- Experience in startup and/or remote environments is a strong plus
NB: We are committed to diversity and developing talent. If you do not have all the skills listed below but think you have what we’re looking for, we’d still love to hear from you!
- International, remote-first team
- Flat hierarchy and flexible organization
- Make your mark on an early-stage product in a rapidly changing, high-impact space
- Holidays: min of 30 days
- Employee Share Options: you’ll receive more information during the recruitment process. All employees receive share options in line with market standards
Granular is a remote-first organisation and this role is 100% remote. Ideally, you are located within 6h from Paris/London by train, in order to attend our all-hands physical events (ca. quarterly). The team is currently spread across multiple cities in FR, UK, NL and CH.