Landscape and Turf Technology Specialist
The Hamptons, NY /
Service Team /
Greener Technologies is in the business of bringing golf course-quality groundskeeping care to homeowners, every single day. We’re a small team of tech enthusiasts, lawn-obsessed property owners and agronomy and turf nerds borrowing the principles of the smart home and extending them to the lawn by automating the basics of monitoring, mowing and maintenance on behalf of local landscapers. Our vision is to free landscapers from having to dedicate their time, energy and expertise to routine lawn-care, instead enabling them to deliver the responsive, on-demand groundskeeping tasks that modern homeowners want and expect. Less time spent monitoring and mowing means more time focusing on the customized requests of their homeowner clients.
We are seeking a highly motivated and tech-savvy turf management professional as our Landscape Turf and Technology Specialist. This position is responsible for maintaining our robotic lawnmower fleet as well as identifying and reporting lawn health issues and status through our proprietary software system. We are looking for someone interested in growing with the Company who will take on additional responsibilities over time.
This role is a Full Time position based in The Hamptons, NY. This role is a combination of “in the field” / facility work as well as some remote computer-based administrative work. The wage is $35/hour with the opportunity for career growth.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor and maintain our fleet of autonomous robotic mowers
- Survey client properties, identify, map, and report on turf issues using Company software
- Design and oversee equipment installations
- Test and identify irrigation issues
- Work with manager to develop training program for new hires
- Coordinate lawn applications plan with manager
- Work with manager to provide brief monthly summary on each client property
- Take regular photographs of properties using Company app
- Provide feedback to Company regarding software enhancements/upgrades
- Interface with technology team to reflect experience in the field and improve technology platform
Required Candidate Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Turf Management, Agronomy, or Plant Sciences; or
- At minimum two years of turf-management or other relevant experience
- Exceptional communication, writing, and spatial relations skills
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 60lbs
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Tech-savvy and proficient with software and mobile applications
- Comfort using CRM platforms and/or other technology applications
- Business operations experience
- Experience with mentoring/training/managing crew or staff
Greener is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Greener treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Greener also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.