Senior Product Manager, Money
San Francisco, California /
At Grid, we believe that today's financial system is built to favor those with money, and our mission is to level the playing field by building financial products that help users better manage their financial future. Our flagship app enables users to access cash, build credit, spend money, file their taxes, and more. As a fast-growing team, we are passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of millions of people. We are dedicated to solving big problems, and we believe that our merit-driven culture allows every team member to play a significant role in our success. Join us and help us make a difference.
We are seeking an experienced Product Manager to lead our cross-functional team focused on iterating on key Money Movement experiences for our customers. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and managing the money team’s product roadmap, synthesizing inputs and ideas from across the organization, analyzing data and gaining insights, and collaborating with teams across the company to deliver solutions.
What you will be doing
- Lead a cross-functional team to iterate on key flow of funds experiences, including payments, deposits, transfers, and withdrawals
- Develop and manage the team’s product roadmap, identifying the most critical opportunities that deliver the most benefit for customers
- Synthesize inputs and ideas from across the organization, and use them to identify potential outcomes and solutions. Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple inputs and ideas is key.
- Utilize data analysis to identify opportunities and drive successful iterations. Use insights gained from data to inform decision making and product development.
- Collaborate with teams across the organization, including Product, Engineering, Design, Operations, Legal, and Compliance, to deliver solutions
- Maintain open communication with the team and broader organization regarding the status of ongoing projects and results post-launch. Keep stakeholders informed and updated on progress and developments.
- Define product specifications in a clear, understandable, and detailed manner. Ensure that specifications are easy to understand and provide enough detail to guide development and implementation.
- Manage projects in a highly organized and flexible manner, while maintaining focus on mission-critical scope. Ability to adapt to changing priorities and stay organized while managing multiple projects is key.
- At least 5 years of experience in financial services product management at a B2C software company or startup
- A proven track record of launching and iterating on successful consumer-facing financial products.
- Demonstrated user empathy and user research skills, including experience with UX tools, storyboarding, and/or story mapping. Ability to understand and prioritize user needs and pain points is key.
- Experience leading teams and stakeholders through the development and implementation of controversial or unconventional solutions. Demonstrated ability to persuade and align others around new or unconventional ideas.
- An open mind and flexibility when it comes to testing new approaches, as well as the ability to learn from failures and turn them into successes. Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and harness feedback to drive continuous improvement is key.
- A relentless focus and passion for identifying and solving the most important customer problems. A deep commitment to improving the customer experience and driving business value through product development.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where priorities may shift quickly. Able to make decisions and take action with minimal guidance.
- Prior experience at a high-growth startup is preferred
- Strong technical background