San Francisco, CA /
Product and Design – Product /
We believe that starting a business should be easier, and that hard work and careful business planning should be acknowledged, recognized, and rewarded. At Hatch, we are building software and financial products to help business owners start, plan, and grow their businesses. We started with a business line of credit with transparent and easy-to-understand terms, and can’t wait to show you what we’re building next. Hatch is a fintech startup headquartered in San Francisco, but with a remote presence all over the country.
We are looking for a Product Manager to drive the company vision, tackle Hatch’s most impactful challenges, and help us achieve the next level of growth and scale in both internal systems/automation platforms and external fintech product ecosystems. If you are someone who enjoys solving complex problems, is a systems-thinker, has a passion for operations and process, excels at building trust and rapport, and thrives at the intersection of business needs, customer experience and technology/innovation -- then we would love to meet you!
Things you might work on:
- Drive product vision, strategy, growth and outcomes for Hatch’s internal systems/platform roadmap and key parts of the fintech product roadmap
- Research, synthesize and deeply understand needs/opportunities around business operations, integrations, and automations across multiple business functions/teams
- Develop a clear understanding of both external and internal customer needs to support strategy and decision-making; represent the voice of your customers
- Work closely with design, engineering, product, and business teams to build and deliver customer and business value
- Work with vendors and external partners to leverage data/technologies and unlock new business capabilities/efficiencies
- Collaborate with operations, credit, data, and engineering teams to define metrics/goals for success and own measurement and outcomes
- Research and write precise, concise, and adaptive product requirements/specs
- Drive product development including sprint planning, prioritization, and backlog triage
- Scope, curate, and own features end to end -- ideation and build to launch, testing/experimentation, and future iterations
Skills you might have:
- 2-3+ years work experience in product management
- Track record of launching, growing, scaling products/features and delivering results
- Proactive self-learner with demonstrated creative and analytical thinking capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communicator to a diverse stakeholder audience
- Empowers cross-functional teammates by providing context, building alignment, articulating trade-offs, and setting clear direction
- Experience leveraging data/product analytics to inform key decisions and priorities
- Passion for optimizing or creating new processes; you enjoy figuring out how/why something is being done and ways to make it better
- Understand UX and user-centered design principles and have an intuition for what makes for great user experience
- Ability to work and thrive in a small group: strong communication, collaboration, and empathy skills
- Resourcefulness and comfort with ambiguity--we won't know the answers to everything, but we'll figure it out together
- Fintech product or small business domain experience a strong plus, e.g. lending, banking, payments, financial management, SMB software/tools
- Internal tools, platform management, vendor integrations, and operations-focused scaling/automation product experience a strong plus
- Best-in-class Platinum HMO and PPO Health plans. Fully covered Beam Dental and VSP Vision insurance.
- 401k plan with 4% company matching.
- Monthly subsidy for health and wellness.
- Monthly subsidy for transit and commute.
- Untracked, flexible vacation policy (we encourage folks to take one week a quarter.)
- The Hatch Match: Annual donation match to a charity of your choice.
Hatch does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.