San Francisco, CA /
Engineering – Engineering /
We believe that starting a business should be easier, and that hard work and careful business planning should be acknowledged, recognized, and rewarded. At Hatch, we are building software and financial products to help business owners start, plan, and grow their businesses. We started with a business line of credit with transparent and easy-to-understand terms, and can’t wait to show you what we’re building next. Hatch is a fintech startup headquartered in San Francisco, but with a remote presence all over the country.
The ideal candidate should have experience working as a software engineer, be willing to seek first to understand before being understood, and feel confident to render honest, critical feedback to anyone in the company about anything they see that can be improved. You should feel empowered to solve any problem the company has, but should also have the initiative to figure out how to solve it.
Things you might work on:
- Build user-facing features to design specs.
- At times, deviate from a design to workaround unforeseen constraints, but communicating these changes to all stakeholders.
- Work with backend engineers and designers to bring a feature or product live to tens of thousands of businesses.
- Build reusable components for future use.
- Ensure and maintain brand consistency.
- Optimize web pages for maximum speed and load times.
- Ensure code renders properly on all devices, especially mobile.
- Give teammates feedback through code reviews.
Skills you might have:
- Experience working with user-facing products.
- Familiarity working with codebases and with several collaborators.
- Ability to work and thrive in a small group: strong communication, collaboration, and empathy.
- Resourcefulness and comfort with ambiguity--we won't know the answers to everything, but we'll figure it out together.
- Experience with React/Redux.
- Experience with Typescript.
- If nothing else, good Google-fu and StackOverflow reading ability. We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting.
- Best-in-class Platinum HMO and PPO Health plans. Fully covered Beam Dental and VSP Vision insurance.
- 401k plan with 4% company matching.
- Monthly subsidy for health and wellness.
- Monthly subsidy for transit and commute.
- Untracked, flexible vacation policy (we encourage folks to take one week a quarter.)
- The Hatch Match: Annual donation match to a charity of your choice.
Hatch does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.