Engineering – Engineering /
We believe that starting a business should be easier, and that hard work and careful business planning should be acknowledged, recognized, and rewarded. At Hatch, we are building software and financial products to help business owners start, plan, and grow their businesses. We started with a business line of credit with transparent and easy-to-understand terms, and can’t wait to show you what we’re building next. Hatch is a fintech startup headquartered in San Francisco, but with a remote presence all over the country.
The ideal candidate should have experience working as a software engineer, be willing to seek first to understand before being understood, and feel confident to render honest, critical feedback to anyone in the company about anything they see that can be improved. You should feel empowered to solve any problem the company has, but should also have the initiative to figure out how to solve it.
Things you might work on
- Build a beautiful and accessible financial services mobile app for a new generation of small businesses.
- Ship reliable real-time accounting and money movement features moving millions of dollars.
- Create and maintain a strong foundation through unit/integration tests, build automation, and CI/CD tooling
- Integrate with third-party vendors, APIs, and datasets.
- Work with backend engineers and designers to bring a feature or product live to tens of thousands of businesses.
- Build reusable components for future use.
- Help teammates grow and learn through code reviews.
Skills you might have
- Minimum three (3) years of experience building and maintaining iOS apps, ideally in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, perhaps with previous fintech knowledge.
- Experience with Objective-C, Swift, Xcode, UIKit, CoreData, and other standard iOS tools/frameworks.
- Ability to work and thrive in a small group: strong communication, collaboration, and empathy.
- Familiarity working with codebases with several collaborators.
- Resourcefulness and comfort with ambiguity: we won't know the answers to everything, but we'll figure it out together!
- If nothing else, good Google-fu and StackOverflow reading ability. We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting.
(principals only -- no recruiting/staffing agencies, please!)
- Best-in-class Platinum HMO and PPO Health plans. Fully covered Beam Dental and VSP Vision insurance.
- 401k plan with 4% company matching.
- Monthly subsidy for health and wellness.
- Monthly subsidy for transit and commute.
- Untracked, flexible vacation policy (we encourage folks to take one week a quarter.)
- The Hatch Match: Annual donation match to a charity of your choice.
Hatch does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.