Credit and Risk – Credit and Risk /
We believe that all people are or can be creditworthy, and that hard work and careful business planning should be acknowledged, recognized, and rewarded. At Hatch, we want to make it easier for people to start a small business by extending credit before anyone else will, using alternative data about the small business. We want to be the lender of first resort to the 32 million small businesses in the United States. Hatch is a fintech startup located in the Financial District in (sometimes sunny) San Francisco.
As a Credit Analyst at Hatch, you’ll help build and operationalize systems and processes for the Credit team. They’ll also be responsible for balancing the risk of our lending product with Hatch’s overall risk tolerance.
The Credit Risk Analyst will work closely with leadership to continuously improve the way we manage credit (non-fraud) risk at Hatch. You will partner closely with many teams across the company- Data Science, Engineering, and Legal. You will also have the opportunity to drive innovation and have influence across many programs and processes.
We're looking for Credit Analysts who will
- Perform thorough analysis of credit applications (within credit mandate) in order to assess creditworthiness
- Analyze and validate financial documents to calculate financial metrics that will be used in credit models
- Influence the development of future risk models and SOPs
- Work collaboratively with our Ops and CS teams to solve problems
- Brainstorm new approaches to improve the application experience while sharing insights with the team to enhance operational processes/procedures
- Tackle additional operational and/or credit tasks as they arise
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and innovative environment
Qualifications & Skills
- 1-2 years of experience as a credit analyst or underwriter (preferably from a Fintech company)
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to write and analyze SQL (preferred)
- Detail oriented and superior written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with cross-functional partners and leadership
- Comfort with ambiguity and managing unstructured problems
- Team player with a positive attitude
- A strong passion for helping small businesses and underbanked individuals
Hatch does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.