Los Angeles /
Sales – Individual Contributor /
What Haystack Is All About
Haystack is an enterprise SaaS platform on a mission to make big companies feel small. Our thoughtfully designed software helps companies engage their workforce by streamlining internal communications, forging real human connections between employees, and providing a centralized place for any resource your employees may need. Haystack is already powering the employee experience for companies like BuzzFeed, GoPuff, Credit Karma, and Chime. We've raised a seed round of $8M+ from investors like Coatue, Greycroft, and the co-founders of Twitter and Riot Games to drive future product innovation.
Haystack was born by the beach in Los Angeles with employees across the globe.
What The Role Is All About
The Senior Account Executive for Haystack will be the chief driver behind our vision, and will be responsible for fueling our business into the future. As an early sales hire, this person must be equal parts strategic, process-oriented, and product-obsessed. You will work with our executive team to crack the code on how to truly sell the Haystack product, developing efficient and effective sales techniques and uncovering new verticals for us to penetrate. Passion for building will be at a premium in this role, as Haystack looks to build on our already growing list of quality partners.
What Your Days Will Look Like
- Drive revenue. No explanation needed.
- Prospecting tools? Lead scoring? Help us develop infrastructure for a successful sales org.
- Learning the product will be key. Work closely with sales leadership and engineering teams to dive deeply into the Haystack product so we can begin looking at it from a sales perspective.
- Work with sales leadership to refine our pitch.
- Develop scalable content and sales enablement materials to highlight our products and features.
What The Role Requires
- Education: We believe talented employees come from all backgrounds. No formal education required.
- Experience: 4+ years of SaaS solution sales, with some of those ideally coming in a fast-paced startup environment.
- A willingness to do anything necessary. Working outside of a job description is necessary in a seed-stage company.
- Experience selling to communications and HR professionals is ideal but not necessary to be successful.
- Sell with the product in mind. This role is more than just driving revenue for the business, this person must keep meticulous notes on objections, feature requests, and the competitive landscape.
- Report everything back to our product teams and help us create the best solution on the market.
- An analytical approach to everything you do. We’re scrappy, so applying your time in efficient ways is absolutely key.
What Our Team Uses
- Sales Navigator
Why Join Our Team?
Haystack is looking for intelligence, passion and creativity. We want our employees to serve as our chief product evangelists, and have each day’s work bring a renewed sense of inspiration. We are solving real world problems with technology and excellent design. Haystack is still small, and early employees will have huge earning potential. Our founding team is dedicated to finding unique ways to give you reasons to love working here. Our current benefits are below, but if you have ideas we want to hear them.
401k + 3% Match
Laptop + any hardware you might need
Regular Company Retreats