Customer Success Manager
Los Angeles /
Customer Experience – Success /
What Haystack Is All About
Haystack is an enterprise SaaS platform on a mission to make big companies feel small. Our thoughtfully designed software helps companies engage their workforce by streamlining internal communications, forging real human connections between employees, and providing a centralized place for any resource your employees may need. Haystack is already powering the employee experience for companies like BuzzFeed, GoPuff, Credit Karma, and Chime. We've raised a seed round of $8M+ from investors like Coatue, Greycroft, and the co-founders of Twitter and Riot Games to drive future product innovation.
Haystack was born by the beach in Los Angeles with employees across the globe.
Position: Customer Success Manager
Reports to: Director of Customer Experience
What The Role Is All About
Haystack is looking for our very first Customer Success Manager as the third addition to our growing Customer Experience team.
You will manage the end-to-end experience for customers, from the moment they sign up through to renewal. You love helping customers launch initiatives that positively impact company culture, employee engagement, and a people-first culture. You're confident in your ability to creatively solve customer problems. And you’re eager to contribute ideas to improve our product and the way we deliver it.
Haystack is looking for exceptional, team-oriented people interested in working within a fast-growing team. This role will give you space to grow your skill set, the opportunity to establish a best-in-class Customer Success practice, and a critical role in our fast-growing company.
Your Role at Haystack
- Effectively manage, prioritize, and support a book of customers.
- Guide customers in pursuit of their organizational goals as a product expert and best practice advisor.
- Proactively own the customer lifecycle from beginning to end with a primary focus on implementation, adoption, and retention.
- Identify and develop opportunities for expansion where our platform can assist customers beyond their initial use.
- Own and nurture multi-threaded relationships across your book of business. Our stakeholders are frequently executive leaders who rely on our partnership to deliver results.
- Understand the Haystack platform fluently and understand the best opportunities for our customers to optimize product usage.
- Provide platform training and education to customer primary contacts and end-users to help them achieve their performance management goals.
- Impact the product roadmap by acting as a conduit between our customers and our product team by sharing feedback, ideas, and overall experience.
- Contribute to building customer success best practices, lifecycle content, and operational routines.
What Our Team Uses
What The Role Requires
- We believe talented employees come from all backgrounds. No formal education required.
- 1-3 years of experience working in a Customer Success or Implementation Manager role at a SaaS company.
- Experience working with HR, Internal Comms, and Employee Experience buyers is ideal. These teams are our primary admins and are wonderful to work with! You’ll be ahead of the pack if you’ve worked with these teams before.
- Strong communication skills, the ability to collaborate cross-functionally - understand how to adjust your approach to different situations and different departments.
- Multi-tasking, prioritization, and generally being organized is your thing.
- Experience managing volume and navigating ambiguity with resilience.
- You love learning new products, technologies, and tools.
- You are an excellent teammate who gives ideas to improve processes.
- Strong work ethic and an eagerness to learn. This role will be taking on new tasks on a daily basis.
Why Join Our Team?
Haystack is looking for intelligence, passion and creativity. We want our employees to serve as our chief product evangelists, and have each day’s work bring a renewed sense of inspiration. We are solving real world problems with technology and excellent design. Haystack is still small, and early employees will have huge earning potential. Our founding team is dedicated to finding unique ways to give you reasons to love working here. Our current benefits are below, but if you have ideas we want to hear them.
401k + 3% Match
Laptop + any hardware you might need
Regular Company Retreats