Senior Backend Engineer
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer at Regard, you’ll be involved in all stages of the product development and deployment lifecycle: participate in idea generation, planning, design, prototyping, execution, deployment, and iteration of new and existing features. You’ll collaborate closely with engineering, design, and product colleagues to bring new features and products to life.
Your primary objective will be to develop high-quality software solutions that meet user needs and align with the organization’s business goals. This will involve analyzing requirements, designing robust architectures, writing efficient code, and conducting thorough testing.
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer, you will have the responsibility to drive projects forward, mentor junior team members, and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives. By delivering innovative and reliable software, you will contribute to the success of our organization and make a meaningful impact in the industry.
Our mission is to bring world-class healthcare to everyone. Regard is the world’s first comprehensive, automated diagnosis tool. Regard streamlines clinical and revenue cycle efforts to dramatically improve hospital finances, patient safety, and physician happiness. We are excited by challenges, mission-oriented work, and meaningful relationships. We work closely with some of the top health systems in the country and are leading the change that healthcare - one of the largest and most inefficient industries in the world - needs. We want you to join us.
In a typical week, you may:
- Develop and deploy new, high impact features for physicians to care for patients.
- Implement new diagnostic algorithms based on physician usage and feedback.
- Support or own core technical infrastructure to ensure reliability and scalability.
- Participate in agile planning, code reviews, and release testing.
- Ramp up on new tools, share learnings with teammates, and learn from them.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional developer experience
- Excited about working with a fast-paced, small team in a dynamic startup environment
- Proficient with our tech stack: Python, Flask, Celery, AWS, Postgres
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about learning, improving, and helping your team do the same
- Willing to respectfully debate ideas, take pragmatic approaches, and work hard to accomplish goals with your team
- Able to travel up to 4 weeks a year for company co-working and/or retreat weeks
$160,000 - $185,000 a year
At Regard, we carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including your skills, qualifications, location, and experience. We expect the base salary for this position to be in the range of $160,000 to $185,000. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role is also eligible for equity, 99% employer-paid health benefits, 18 PTO days a year, performance bonuses, and other perks. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Our goal at Regard is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. Regard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are proud of our supportive, inclusive workplace.