VP of Engineering
Remote / Los Angeles, CA /
As the Vice President of Engineering (VPoE) at Regard you’ll take on far-ranging responsibilities to manage, lead, and grow the software engineering team. You will play a core role collaborating with engineering and product to continuously improve the organization and processes as we scale up the team.
To be successful as a VPoE, you should have prior organizational leadership experience, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. Ultimately, a top-notch VPoE should demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and have a solid foundation in software design to ensure the engineering team hits its goals and is doing excellent work.
What we do:
Our mission is to bring world-class healthcare to everyone, everywhere. We are accomplishing this by developing a computerized system that can automatically diagnose medical conditions for physicians. Physicians are massively over-burdened by legal requirements and inefficient technology, and too often patients slip through the cracks. Regard is the world’s first comprehensive, automated diagnosis tool. Our system diagnoses and documents patient care for review, ensuring no one is overlooked.
We value excellence and are excited by challenges. We seek meaningful work and meaningful relationships. We aim to be the best at what we do. We’re backed by an incredible group of investors and work closely with some of the top health systems in the country. We are altering the way one of the largest and most inefficient industries in the world works, providing both a big financial opportunity and the responsibility of truly impactful work.
In a typical week, you may:
- Lead the team through management and mentorship, keeping the team motivated and highly productive; pushes our people to be his or her best.
- Scale the engineering department to a multi-team organization.
- Manage engineering recruitment with our talent acquisition team.
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and consistent.
- Run one-on-ones, feedback, and reviews for the engineering team.
- Recommend technological developments and improvements.
- Strong organizational leadership skills.
- Experience scaling up engineering teams.
- Experience in recruiting engineers and contributors.
- Previous working experience in software design and developing customer-oriented platforms.
- Must be knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management.
At Regard, we carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including your skills, qualifications, location, and experience. We expect the base salary for this position to be in the range of $200,000 to $240,000. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for equity, benefits, performance bonuses, and other perks. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Our goal at Regard is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. Regard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are proud of our supportive, inclusive workplace.