Full Stack Software Engineer (Frontend)
Los Angeles, CA /
We're a venture-backed, LA-based startup enabling more of us to preserve the cherished memories of our loved ones. Our tailor-made platform provides a suite of technology-enabled toolkits to host a recorded video conversation with a family member, transform the recording into an interactive gallery of individual stories, and then share that online gallery with loved ones, each of whom can contribute their own personal reflections and multimedia to any story. We’re in a super exciting period of growth and our founding team is looking for creative and talented individuals who share our vision for re-exciting our users around the power of video to family storytelling to join us on this journey. Learn more about our "why" here.
About this role
We're looking for a frontend software engineer to help us shape how users experience and interact with our brand across all surfaces. In this role, you will be responsible for producing fresh and cutting-edge features that demonstrate vision and attention to flawless user experience. An ideal candidate will have experience translating design frameworks into code and a proactive desire to collaborate with fellow developers, designers, product managers, and marketers to build technology-driven experiences that surprise and delight.
In this role you will
- Develop front end functionality by utilizing modern frontend frameworks, including React and Relay
- Contribute to continuously improving team productivity, code quality, tools, and technology adoption
- Consistently deliver code that sets the standard for quality, maintainability, speed, and brand consistency
- Collaborate with our UX designers, other developers, product managers, and QA team within our highly collaborative organization to refine and improve the user experience
- Identify and resolve problems scalability and performance issues
- Help us build a thriving development team and culture where team members feel a strong sense of inclusion and belonging
We are looking for
- 3+ years of full-stack or frontend programming, preferably in technology startups
- A quick learner and self-starter, with an inherent sense of empathy
- Strong cross-browser/cross-platform user interface compatibility development experience.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Experience developing consumer-facing software
- Experience optimizing for accessibility and SEO.
Bonus points if you have:
Compensation and benefits
- Compensation package will be based purely on skills and experience and include an equity allocation with traditional vesting terms (1-year cliff, 4-year vesting).
- Health, dental and vision benefits.
- A flexible PTO policy.
- A culture of empowerment that rewards top performers with added responsibilities and internal growth opportunities.
- Other fun perks and fringe benefits: wellness credit, learning stipend etc.
We know that diverse, equitable, and inclusive teams enable us to elevate each other and better support our customers. That's why we're committed to fostering a welcoming work environment for people of all gender, sexuality, ethnicity, socioeconomic background, and life experiences. Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Research shows that men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Yet, women and other people who are systematically marginalized tend to only apply if they meet every requirement. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply. If you require specific accommodations as you interview or consider working with us, please let us know.