Commercialization Ops Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Our mission is to accelerate our planet’s transition to a carbon negative society. We will capture 1B tons of CO2 from the atmosphere by 2035 (equivalent of ~60M Americans’ annual emissions today), and build a multi-billion dollar business along the way. The problem we are solving is that according to IPCC, billions of tons of CO2 need to removed from the atmosphere (in addition to decarbonizing the entire economy) by 2050 to keep global warming to 1.5 °C, but current technologies are too expensive and not scalable to the volume necessary.
Unlike traditional engineered removal solutions, our Nature published technology combines the natural properties of minerals (carbon mineralization) with engineering to provide a low cost path to $50/tCO2 for Direct Air Capture (DAC), the cost at which carbon removal will be transformative.
Our early customers are corporations and other entities that need to reduce and offset their carbon emissions to meet compliance requirements or carbon pledges. Our go-to-market strategy allows us to be unit profitable from day one, and reach >$1B in revenue just from existing markets and pledges. Our $100B opportunity lies with carbon markets set for creation in the EU, US, and other markets.
Over the next 18 months, we will de-risk our cost estimates, build our first deployment, and validate the commercial viability of this technology.
About the Job
We are looking for talented generalists with a bias towards action to help build the foundation of our small but mighty commercialization team.
In this role you will work on a wide variety of projects directly alongside the Head of Commercialization. Our team is responsible for driving growth across Heirloom’s key customer segments, and you’ll be the one that helps turn us into a revenue machine. You will identify new sales opportunities, perform market analysis, interpret corporate net-zero pledges, find and apply to RFPs, interview customers, project manage credit certification, design and create sales and marketing content, and a whole lot more. If you enjoy bouncing between different styles of work and picking up new skills on the fly then you’ll love this role. And the best part is that you’ll get to have direct climate impact while doing it.
- Identify and knock down points of friction in our sales process.
- Perform analyses to drive growth opportunities and unlock new customer segments.
- Identify, qualify, and prioritize sales opportunities.
- Own our end-to-end carbon removal RFP process, from identification through contract.
- Manage the $100M Elon Musk Carbon Removal XPrize.
- Take ownership of customer demand planning and keep the whole team in the loop.
- Be the face of our organization for existing customers, helping them follow our progress and keeping them updated on deliveries and technical progress.
- Select and implement the business systems and processes that the commercialization team needs to grow.
- 3+ years of experience in management/strategy consulting, business ops, product ops, or similar.
- You have a proven track record for working well across teams and with external partners.
- You’re a self starter and are really comfortable taking a new problem and running with it.
- You are a strong verbal and written communicator and are able to explain complex issues in clear, persuasive language.
- You can bounce between high level strategic thinking and low level details.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- You’re highly curious and love to learn new things.
You don’t have to have every listed requirement and skill to be a great fit - you may even teach us something about what we should be looking for! If you are passionate about this opportunity and think you have the skills to succeed, please apply! If not, but you know someone who might be interested, please share this post. We are committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion and equity, starting with our commitment to fostering diversity within our Heirloom team. We are able to grow and learn better with a diverse team, which is exactly what our planet needs. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, people with disabilities, women, LGBTQ+ people, and veterans.
Please note: while we appreciate all applicants, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted by our team.