Executive Assistant to CEO
San Francisco, CA /
Our mission is to accelerate our planet’s transition to a carbon negative society. We will capture 1B tons of CO2 from the atmosphere by 2035 (equivalent of ~60M Americans’ annual emissions today), and build a multi-billion dollar business along the way. The problem we are solving is that according to IPCC, billions of tons of CO2 need to removed from the atmosphere (in addition to decarbonizing the entire economy) by 2050 to keep global warming to 1.5 °C, but current technologies are too expensive and not scalable to the volume necessary.
Unlike traditional engineered removal solutions, our Nature published technology combines the natural properties of minerals (carbon mineralization) with engineering to provide a low cost path to $50/tCO2 for Direct Air Capture (DAC), the cost at which carbon removal will be transformative.
Our early customers are corporations and other entities that need to reduce and offset their carbon emissions to meet compliance requirements or carbon pledges. Our go-to-market strategy allows us to be unit profitable from day one, and reach >$1B in revenue just from existing markets and pledges. Our $100B opportunity lies with carbon markets set for creation in the EU, US, and other markets.
Over the next 18 months, we will de-risk our cost estimates, build our first deployment, and validate the commercial viability of this technology.
About the job
The Heirloom team is on a path to creating the world’s first sustainable, scalable, and economically viable carbon removal system. This technology - which requires a unique blend of geology, chemistry, industrial engineering, and process engineering - doesn’t yet exist at the scales necessary to make a difference, so we need to build it ourselves.
You will partner closely with the CEO, cross-functional team members, and potential investors. You have a strong work ethic, high attention to detail, and excellent communication skills. You thrive in a changing, dynamic environment and are exceptionally flexible, able to carry out a broad scope of responsibilities including schedule management, event coordination, project planning, and communication management on behalf of the team.
- Proactively manage, assess, and predict the day-to-day needs of CEO to ensure he is prepared for all meetings and events
- Manage CEO’s schedule (e.g., meetings, calls, travel, interviews, presentations, conferences, and events)
- Serve as a liaison between CEO and internal/external parties
- Partner with CEO to track key project milestones as well as progress against personal, team, and company goals/targets
- Proofread and edit CEO’s written articles/posts and other documents to fix errors and improve readability/clarity
- Coordinate logistics for speaking engagements like keynote addresses, podcasts, interviews and assist with presentation/speech preparation as needed.
- Assist in coordinating company events as needed
- Assist with coding of charges in online books (Quickbooks)
- Track overall expenses against organization’s annual budget
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- You are incredibly organized, with superb attention to detail and a strong ability to execute
- You are excellent with time management and able to quickly shift tasks and priorities as needed
- You have a knack for working across various roles and teams in a fast-paced, changing environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient
- You communicate, perform, and react well under pressure or ambiguity
- You enjoy optimizing processes to make them more efficient
- You are adept at handling sensitive information and situations with care and confidence
- You are able to anticipate and respond to the needs of others before they arise
- You have experience in a high-growth technology startup
You don’t have to have every listed requirement and skill to be a great fit - you may even teach us something about what we should be looking for! If you are passionate about this opportunity and think you have the skills to succeed, please apply! If not, but you know someone who might be interested, please share this post.
We are committed to cultivating a culture of inclusion and equity, starting with our commitment to fostering diversity within our Heirloom team. We are able to grow and learn better with a diverse team, which is exactly what our planet needs. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, people with disabilities, women, LGBTQ+ people, and veterans.
Please note: while we appreciate all applicants, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted by our team.