San Francisco, CA /
All across the world, from the azure pools of Turkey and Oman to the travertine terraces of Yellowstone, our planet quietly pulls carbon dioxide from the air and turns it to stone. For eons, Earth has relied on this process to balance its carbon cycle. What if it could be harnessed? What if we could do it faster, in larger quantities, and at a low enough cost to make it an effective tool in the fight against climate change?
At Heirloom, we are turning that into reality. We use the natural carbon capture properties of abundant minerals to pull CO2 from the air, and store it permanently underground. We come to work every day to slow climate change, and are united behind a single, common goal - to remove 1 billion tons of CO2 from the sky by 2035, and to not stop before we get there.
We bring together the precise recipe of science, technology, know-how, and strategy necessary to make low cost, high quality carbon removal a reality. If we’re successful, we will directly mitigate climate change, build a world we can proudly hand over to our children and grandchildren, and catalyze an industry that will rival the largest the world has ever seen. If you want to change the planet, come join us.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Heirloom is committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences. We believe wholeheartedly that building a diverse company is critical to Heirloom’s success. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Heirloom is looking for a skilled recruiting operator to play a key role in our end-to-end hiring effort. You will be responsible for the administrative and operational details of our interview process. Our ideal fit will be a highly organized, detail oriented, self-driven, and personable individual with experience supporting recruiting efforts (ideally in a fast-paced startup). Please note we are currently only interviewing candidates with previous experience in a coordinator or operations role.
This is a full time role that will be based out of our headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
What you will do
- High-volume scheduling of candidate interviews and internal recruiting related meetings
- Coordinate all candidate travel (domestic and international) and process expense reimbursements
- Communicate regularly with candidates via email, phone, and in person
- Collaborate closely with internal team members including engineers, hiring leads and Heirloom leadership to ensure an efficient, high quality recruiting process and an awesome candidate experience
- ATS management: continue the build-out and maintain our Applicant Tracking System (Lever) including creating templates, managing job posts, candidate data entry, building out interview plans, running reports etc.
- Format, post and manage our job descriptions on Linkedin, our website and other mediums as needed
- Support and help manage the details and logistics of our University Recruiting Program
- Work to improve our overall internal process leverage existing strategies, tools and processes while also researching, suggesting and implementing new ones
- Assist with special projects as needed and provide general ongoing support to the team
- Assist with resume screening and light candidate sourcing as needed
- Create and support initiatives, programs, and training promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in Heirloom’s end-to-end hiring process.
What you will bring
- A passion for fighting climate change
- Experience functioning in a coordinator, administrator, or recruiting support role performing key tasks including heavy calendaring, travel coordination and extensive candidate interface
- Experience with Lever or other ATS systems
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Independent thinker with strong problem-solving skills that can navigate effectively in ambiguity
- Extremely detail-oriented with superb organizational skills
- An ability to effectively prioritize, juggle, track and execute on multiple concurrent tasks without letting things fall through the cracks
- Advanced skills with Google Enterprise Apps (google calendar, Gmail, Docs & Presentations)
You don’t have to have every listed requirement and skill to be a great fit - you may even teach us something about what we should be looking for! If you are passionate about this opportunity and think you have the skills to succeed, please apply!
- Radical Honesty means we are open, transparent, and inclusive in everything we do. We aren't scared to challenge each other, but bring clear motives and our best intentions when we do.
- Persistent Optimism means we carry an infinite amount of optimistic energy with us on our journey, constantly chipping away at what may seem insurmountable.
- Continual Discovery means we maximize our learning rate. Compounding knowledge is our key to victory - we continuously hone our crafts, seek the fastest paths to new learning, and are quick to absorb new knowledge.
Why you should join Heirloom
- We are solving the engineering problem of our generation. Climate change is an existential threat, and we need as many of the world’s motivated minds as possible to help. There is no greater challenge or opportunity than fighting climate change.
- We have done this before. We’re engineers, scientists, and concerned humans from companies like Tesla, Apple, Plenty and Google, and Universities like Penn and Berkeley. We’ve built technology used by millions of people around the world, and we’re using that experience to build a more equitable, prosperous future for all.
- We are a united, resilient, and optimistic bunch. We are all here for the same reason - to slow climate change. We recognize the magnitude of the challenge ahead of us, and believe we can solve it. We can see a hopeful future where we eventually reverse climate change. It won’t be easy, but we won’t quit.
- We are backed by the best climate partners in the world. We’re well funded by investors from Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Ahren Innovation Capital, Carbon Direct, Microsoft, Lowercarbon Capital, ARPA-e and the National Science Foundation. Our early customers include Stripe, Shopify, and Klarna, and we’re building durable partnerships that enable us to tackle this decades-long problem.
Perks and Benefits
- Covered health, dental and vision. Health, dental and vision insurance covered by Heirloom.
- Generous parental leave. 16 weeks paid leave for all Heirloom employees, regardless of primary/secondary caregiver status.
- Generous stock options
- Flexible time off. Unlimited PTO for exempt (salaried) employees & 80 hours for full time non-exempt (hourly) employees.
- Stay healthy. Monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
- Learn on the job. Robust annual education and conference budget, including airfare and hotel costs.
Please note: while we appreciate all applicants, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted by our team.