(Junior) Proposal Manager
Munich / Berlin / London / Paris /
Partnerships & Programmes – Proposal Manager /
Who we are
Helsing is a new type of defence and artificial intelligence company. We believe that software - and especially artificial intelligence - will shape our democracies’ future. Our purpose is to attain technology leadership so that democratic societies are free to make sovereign decisions and control their ethical standards.
Our mission is to attract Europe’s best purpose-driven tech talent and apply their capabilities to some of the most complex problems.
We are looking for people with their heart in the right place, who share our conviction that our democratic values are worth protecting, for ourselves and for future generations.
Meet the team
We have assembled a Partnerships and Programmes (P&P) team from across various fields of expertise and with different backgrounds. Together we lift ambitions and shape the thinking of our government and industry partners on software and AI.
You will work as part of the P&P team to develop and write impactful proposals and pieces of writing, with the intention of shaping future defence programmes. As such, you will focus on developing concepts and on how to communicate these. You will work with internal and external stakeholders including different Helsing teams and academia, industry, and government respectively.
We are looking for an individual, either early-stage career or with several years of experience in a relevant industry, that is enthusiastic about tech and / or defence and has a talent for written communications.
The impact you will have
As a (Junior) Proposal Manager you will have the opportunity to shape and communicate Helsing’s ambitions.
You will shape and influence our ideas and policies, bringing them to paper and communicating them to our stakeholders. The position entails critical thinking as well as the production of text.
As we are growing, you will have the opportunity to shape both the department and the team as well as build process and structures.
You will work on
- Formulating and writing text (such as proposals and white papers) to convey complex technical and strategic concepts, often in cooperation with internal and external stakeholders
- Creating, maintaining, and improving written documentation
- Collaborating across Helsing to develop compelling concepts and proposals
- Leading and supporting tender proposals, assuming operational responsibility of all relevant components, incl. planning, coordination, proposal writing, implementation of writing workshops, and administrative tasks
- Quantitative and qualitative research
- Overseeing external tender services, screening of open tenders, and decision support regarding participation in tenders
What you will need to succeed
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex subject matter in a clear, concise manner
- A successful track record of professional and / or academic writing experience
- Experience in leading and / or drafting proposals or similar transferable skills are beneficial
- Fluency in at least one of the following languages: English, German, French
- Collaborative spirit and ability to work as a team with the ability to motivate stakeholders (internally and externally) and to problem-solve collaboratively
- You are a high performer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can work and deliever efficiently under time pressure and on-time
- Your personal values match our own: dedication to mission, ownership, initiative, speed, and inclusiveness
Helsing is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity.