UX/UI Product Designer
Munich / Berlin / London / Paris /
Product – Product Management /
Who we are
Helsing is a new type of defence and artificial intelligence company. We believe that software - and especially artificial intelligence - will shape our democracies’ future. Our purpose is to attain technology leadership so that democratic societies are free to make sovereign decisions and control their ethical standards.
Our mission is to attract Europe’s best purpose-driven tech talent and apply their capabilities to some of the most complex problems.
We are looking for people with their heart in the right place, who share our conviction that our democratic values are worth protecting, for ourselves and for future generations.
The Impact you will make
As an outstanding User Experience Designer, you will be responsible for the end-to-end lifecycle ranging from research over high-level design paradigms and visual design to prototyping new user experiences that pave the way for the future of AI software in the defense sector in a way that has never been done before.
An intuitive user experience is critical to the success of our products. In partnership with our engineers and product managers, you will be key contributor and originator and your mission will be to create designs that maximise the value our users generate from our products.
We are striving for intuitive interaction and an inviting design that brings our users in a state of flow. Our customers in defence and intelligence need to be able to access information, analyse, plan and eventually decide and act through several different platforms like PCs, integrated systems, tablets and smaller handheld devices in various environments.
Our fast-paced development process will require you to switch quickly and seamlessly between the different stages and products. We are iterating on short intervals, exchanging and integrating feedback quickly. To achieve this, you will have strong ownership of your responsibilities, we rely on you to communicate well to drive progress proactively and quickly.
- Quickly turn your ideas into exceptional products, services and customer experiences
- Design and shape the future of AI software products in the defence sector
- Learn a lot working alongside extremely talented, high-performing and committed people from diverse backgrounds
- Have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge AI technology
- Be able to define, create, and build from scratch. Technology, processes and even the organization we are all part of - we are continuously growing and evolving
- Have an enormous impact on our mission and some of the most important geo-political, global problems, with an ethics-first approach
- Grow at the pace of Helsing’s growth, whether by working on different projects and problems or moving to roles with higher impact
- Be part of a transparent and friendly culture where trust, recognition and autonomy are at the forefront of everything that we do
You will work on
- As a UX/UI Product Designer at Helsing, you should demonstrate exceptional design skills, creative problem-solving abilities, a strong sense of aesthetics and user-centred design principles. The candidate must have an affinity for minimal design, attention to the smallest of details, be able to optimise complex information architectures and simplify them. Working on some of the most challenging problems in the security and defence space with a strong ability to distil those complex problems into simple, elegant solutions is key to success at Helsing.
- Communication and Collaboration – You can communicate design concept ideas through sketches, prototypes and wireframes and invest in building relationships and trust with stakeholders, peers and working groups
- Applied Research – You research and define UX strategies for company segments and different customer types and find the needs of our users and validate our changes
- Prototyping - You will create prototypes to demonstrate and test your ideas. Prototypes can range for our customers, communication and collaboration across team boundaries is very important. You will have a central role in bringing together our smart minds and educate them about your findings from concept drawings to more realistic implementations in collaboration with an Engineer
- Ideation – You are deeply involved with our product managers in the very early stages of our product design and ideation phase
What you will need to succeed
- Experience with full product lifecycle – You have led or contributed to the design of the user experience in multiple products over the full lifecycle (ideation to development to production)
- Experience with web-based user interface – You are familiar with common design principles and technical constraints of modern web applications
- Proficient user of Figma or other wireframing software (e.g. Adobe XD, Sketch or others)
- Solid understanding of design principles (e.g. user centered design, info hierarchy, layout, typography, color)
- Your own personal values match ours: ownership, initiative, dedication to mission, speed and inclusiveness
- You are a high performer who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- You are collaborative, humble and a problem-solver
Helsing is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity.