Software Engineer - Test Automation
Tech – QA /
Remote (Munich, Berlin, Paris, London)
Who we are
Helsing is a new type of defence and artificial intelligence company. We believe that software - and especially artificial intelligence - will shape our democracies’ future. Our purpose is to attain technology leadership so that democratic societies are free to make sovereign decisions and control their ethical standards.
Our mission is to attract Europe’s best purpose-driven tech talent and apply their capabilities to some of the most complex problems.
We are looking for people with their heart in the right place, who share our conviction that our democratic values are worth protecting, for ourselves and for future generations.
The impact you will make
We believe that teams with a holistic view are a critical success factor for our products. Our teams are responsible for their product development over the whole product lifecycle, from ideation to design, implementation, building, testing, and deployment and maintenance.
Your background in test automation will help your team to improve the quality of the products you are responsible for. Automated testing allows us to keep our quality levels in our fast-paced development even though the complexity raises. Since we are in a very early stage of our development you will impact will be fundamental to our current progress and influence our future ability to manage our quality for the years to come.
Not only will you design and build our test infrastructure, but you will also help your teammates to grow the proper mindset, understand the intricacies of modern test systems, how to measure and evaluate trends, and finally how to meet our target quality levels.
Your role has a strong emphasize on communication, collaboration, and education. Testing only works if our teams understand, accept, and embrace the necessity.
You will work on
- Design, develop and support frameworks for our products and provide automation expertise to our teams
- You find a very good solution to test our highly distributed system
- Identify and measure key performance indicators in collaboration with our teams
- Communicate and share your findings with our engineering community to grow our quality mindset
Who we are looking for
- You have experience in creating test automation infrastructure OR
- You are a software engineer who is exposed to testing and test automation
- You have experience with unit-, integration, and system-tests
- People like to collaborate with you, and you can communicate very clearly and well
- The chance to work in an innovative organisation focused on protecting our democracies
- The opportunity to drive impact in a fast-growing company with mission-orientated colleagues
- A diverse, collaborative, focused team located in the heart of Munich and offices in Berlin and London (and planned expansion in Paris)
- Flexible working hours and locations
- Supportive team structures and regular feedback
- Diverse team events and fun in and outside the office
- Competitive compensation and stock options
Helsing is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity.