AI Research Engineer
Munich / Berlin / London / Paris /
Product – AI Research /
Who we are
Helsing is a new type of defence and artificial intelligence company. We believe that software - and especially artificial intelligence - will shape our democracies’ future. Our purpose is to attain technology leadership so that democratic societies are free to make sovereign decisions and control their ethical standards.
Our mission is to attract Europe’s best purpose-driven tech talent and apply their capabilities to some of the most complex problems.
We are looking for people with their heart in the right place, who share our conviction that our democratic values are worth protecting, for ourselves and for future generations.
The impact you will make
You will be part of a team that conceptualises, develops, tests, and integrates novel AI algorithms based on state of the art research for our distributed perception platform and edge capabilities.
You will contribute and work on
- You will develop, train and evaluate novel Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithms and methods that allow perception at the edge and decision support for real world applications in distributed and decentralized environments.
Who we are looking for
- MSc or Ph.D. in robotics, computer science, engineering or related field.
- Experienced in conceptualising, implementing and thoroughly evaluating advanced AI-based systems.
- Solid communication skills and the ability to report and present research findings clearly and efficiently both internally and externally.
- Passionate about keeping up to date with current research and having fun to reimplement and extend papers on state of the art Deep Learning and Machine Learning-based approaches.
- Solid software engineering skills, writing clean and well-structured code in python and/or modern C++.
Nice to haves
- PhD in robotics, computer science, engineering or related field.
- You have designed, developed, evaluated state of the art AI methods on edge devices with limited compute resources.
- Hands-on experience with one of the following: Object Tracking (MOT or SOT), Object Detection (YOLO, FasterRCNN, etc.), Metric Learning for Few- and Zero-Shot learning, or Generative Models (GANs, VAE, etc.).
- Good grasp of modern neural network architectures e.g., FPN, SPP, Transformers, Graph NNs, etc.
- Authored publications in top-tier conferences, e.g., CVPR, NIPS, ICCV, ICRA, IROS, etc.
- Participation in machine learning competitions (Kaggle etc.).
What we offer
- The chance to work in an innovative organisation focused on protecting our democracies and future generation.
- The opportunity to drive impact in a fast-growing company with mission-orientated colleagues.
- A diverse, collaborative, focused team located in the heart of Munich and offices in Berlin, London and Paris with relocation support if needed.
- Learning allowance to support your career development
- Flexible working hours and locations.
- Supportive team structures and regular feedback.
- Regular retreats to bring together all staff as one unit across Europe.
- Competitive compensation and stock options.
Helsing is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity.