Senior Signal Intelligence Researcher
Product – AI Research /
Who we are
Helsing is a new type of defence and artificial intelligence company. We believe that software - and especially artificial intelligence - will shape our democracies’ future. Our purpose is to attain technology leadership so that democratic societies are free to make sovereign decisions and control their ethical standards.
Our mission is to attract Europe’s best purpose-driven tech talent and apply their capabilities to some of the most complex problems.
We are looking for people with their heart in the right place, who share our conviction that our democratic values are worth protecting, for ourselves and for future generations.
Meet the team
At Helsing, we want to deliver future AI capabilities to make a difference. The AI Research team is developing algorithms that diverse sensors like VIS, multi-spectral, RF + fusion layer that enables optimal basis for the best and responsible decision making.
You will be part of a team that conceptualises, develops, tests, and integrates novel AI algorithms based on state-of-the-art research for our distributed perception platform and edge capabilities.
The Impact you will make
We are looking for experienced researchers with a passion for RF signal analysis, advanced software development, knowledge about machine learning and deep learning, embedded, and aerospace systems to lead and support our AI team.
As a Senior Signal Intelligence Researcher, you will be responsible for the planning, shaping, design, development, testing, and guiding team creating AI-driven real-time, edge-deployed RF Sensing capabilities for COMS and ELINT signals as well as other advanced electronic warfare solutions
You will work on
- Be the focal point for the AI researchers’ team with all issues related to radar & communication signal processing
- Be the technical representative for RF-related topics to our partner companies.
- Shape and develop algorithmic techniques with a basis in deep learning, machine learning, and statistical signal processing for RF signal detection, tracking, classification, emitter identification, and direction finding.
- Test and validate algorithms with RF sensor data.
- Build and demo RF data-processing end-to-end applications with support from our software engineers.
What you will need to succeed
- PhD in a technical field or equivalent practical experience with implementation and thorough evaluation of algorithmic solutions and methods that are meant to be applied in real-world scenarios subject to time constraints and limited computing resources.
- Demonstrated knowledge of RF Signal Processing, design, and analysis.
- understanding of the principles of machine learning and deep learning techniques.
- Demonstrate expertise with electronic warfare systems
- Have some experience with Software-Defined Radios (SDR) frameworks such as GNU Radio
- You love figuring things out, digging deeper and deeper until it finally clicks, and you understand how they work.
- You are a high performer who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- You are collaborative, humble, and a problem-solver
What we offer
- The chance to work in an innovative organisation focused on cutting-edge technology and on serving our democracies
- The opportunity to drive impact in a fast-growing company with mission-orientated colleagues
- A diverse, collaborative, and focused team located in the heart of Munich, with offices in Berlin and London (and planned expansion to Paris)
- Flexible working hours and locations
- Diverse team events and fun in and outside the office
- Competitive compensation and stock options
Helsing GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Helsing is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity.