People Operations / Talent Acquisition Specialist
Operations & Enablement – People /
Helsing is a new type of defence and intelligence company. We believe that software - and especially artificial intelligence - will be the defining capability to keep our democracies from harm.
Our purpose is to attain technology leadership so that democratic societies are free to make sovereign decisions and control their ethical standards. To this end, we have assembled a team of exceptional AI and software engineers, who work on some of the hardest problems in machine learning, sensor fusion, and intelligent networking.
Our mission is to attract Europe’s best purpose-driven tech talent and apply their capabilities to some of the most complex problems.
We are looking for people with their heart in the right place, who share our conviction that our democratic values are worth protecting, for ourselves and for future generations.
The impact you will make
You will be one of the first colleagues joining our office in Paris and shaping the local people processes while being part of a European People/Human Resources (HR) and Talent Acqusition team. As a generalist you will touch all the stages in the employee lifecycle. Your main role is to empower our employees and facilitate the day-to-day work life as we continue to grow in Europe. You will work closely with an experienced People team locally and at a Group level. Additionally you will be the person sourcing and attracting amazing and inspiring people in France and Europe-wide for the French office. You are data-driven and continuously improve how you source by measuring and improving everything you touch: conversion rates, response rates, etc. As a great communicator you easily build a relationship with our high potentials.
You will work on
- Oversee all operational processes when it comes to the People function including designing, testing, and implementing new tools and systems as well as managing the existing ones
- Support the operational aspects of the full employment lifecycle of our employees from onboarding to off-boarding and everything in between
- Manage the relationship with external payroll, benefit, and relocation/immigration partners
- Act as the initial point of contact for employees on questions related to (but not limited to) onboarding, benefits, leave of absence, payroll, accommodation requests, performance management, etc.
- Be an ambassador for the Helsing culture, working with the other members of the People team locally and at Group level to initiate and manage projects that increase engagement, motivation, development and retention
- Partner with internal stakeholders to understand gaps and challenges in current processes and programs and ultimately drive future improvements
- Sourcing and attracting the future Helsing employees for all non-tech positions in France and Europe-wide
Who we are looking for
- Generalist experience within People Operations/Human Resources and Talent Acquisition ideally in a start-up/scale-up environment
- Familiar with the administrative and compliance aspect of the French employment system and labor law
- University degree in a related field or relevant experience
- Ability to work autonomously and efficiently manage tasks and time
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and handle confidential information
- Fluent in French and English
- The chance to work in a fast-growing company full of mission-driven people focused on protecting our democracies
- An ambitious team located in the heart of Paris, Munich, Berlin and London
- Flexible working hours & open feedback culture
- Diverse team events & fun outside the office
- Competitive compensation & stock options
Helsing GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.