Operations & Enablement – Legal /
Who we are
Helsing is a new type of defence and artificial intelligence company. We believe that software - and especially artificial intelligence - will shape our democracies’ future. Our purpose is to attain technology leadership so that democratic societies are free to make sovereign decisions and control their ethical standards.
Our mission is to attract Europe’s best purpose-driven tech talent and apply their capabilities to some of the most complex problems.
We are looking for people with their heart in the right place, who share our conviction that our democratic values are worth protecting, for ourselves and for future generations.
The impact you will make
Our legal department strives to be a high-performing unit which offers more than on-demand concierge services. Above all we value strategic thinking, legal skills, professionalism, social intelligence and agility.
We are looking for a UK based legal lead. In this role you will report to the group’s General Counsel and work closely with the CEO of our UK entity, Helsing Ltd. This is a key position within a rapidly scaling organisation.
Specifically, you will
- have a voice in numerous strategic and tactical decisions working for, and in close contact with our UK business leadership team
- on the corporate group level, you will be advising Helsing on intellectual property law, especially on European and world-wide patents in the IT, Artificial Intelligence and defence and national security domains, where you will be working in close contact with our Technical and Engineering (T&E) department
- understanding Helsing's relationship with its UK government customers and partners and provide advice in support of our business goals. Advising on product development issues, export controls and other compliance regulations, intellectual property rights, data privacy and conflicts of interest under UK law
- providing corporate and regulatory support to our UK business. This will include providing advice on UK defence procurement regulations and single source contract regulations
- providing transactional support to Helsing and specifically our UK business. This will include reviewing, negotiating and revising contractual agreements and software licensing with both defence companies and government customers
- supporting other Helsing departments with legal-related issues
Who we are looking for
- LLB and/or LLM degree and 3+ years of firm, in-house, and/or government post-qualification experience
- Grounding experience with patents and licensing, especially in the IT and AI domains
- Understanding of UK defence procurement regulations and single source contracting regulations
- Excellent communication skills for engaging at all levels within an organization
- Your own personal values match ours: ownership, initiative, dedication to mission, speed and inclusiveness
- You are a high performer who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- You are collaborative, humble and a problem-solver
- the chance to work in a fast-growing company full of mission-driven people
- an ambitious team located in central London, with other group offices in Munich, Berlin and Paris
- flexible working hours
- competitive compensation
- diverse team events & fun outside the office
Helsing is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity.