Junior AI Research Engineer
Product – AI Research /
Who we are
Helsing is a new type of defence and artificial intelligence company. We believe that software - and especially artificial intelligence - will shape our democracies’ future. Our purpose is to attain technology leadership so that democratic societies are free to make sovereign decisions and control their ethical standards.
Our mission is to attract Europe’s best purpose-driven tech talent and apply their capabilities to some of the most complex problems.
We are looking for people with their heart in the right place, who share our conviction that our democratic values are worth protecting, for ourselves and for future generations.
The impact you will make
You will conceptualise, develop, test, and integrate novel algorithms based on state-of-the-art research for autonomous systems and distributed perception platforms.
You will work on
- Developing Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions.
- You will conceptualise, develop, test, and integrate algorithms based on research for autonomous systems and distributed perception platforms.
Who we are looking for
- Ph.D. in a technical field or equivalent practical experience with implementation and thorough evaluation of advanced AI-based perception solutions that are applied in real-world scenarios subject to time constraints and compute resources.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to report and present research findings including status and results clearly and efficiently both internally and externally, verbally and in writing.
- Passionate about keeping up-to-date with current research and having fun to reimplement and extend papers on state-of-the-art Deep Learning and Machine Learning-based approaches.
- Solid software engineering skills, writing clean and well-structured code.
- Hands-on experience with Object Detection and Tracking
- Experience and a good understanding of advanced DL/ML concepts like (Meta-Learning, GANs, …)
- Hands-on experience and good knowledge of classical Computer Vision algorithms and concepts (SLAM, VO, Optical Flow, Pose Estimation)
- Experience working with modern object detection and segmentation approaches in Deep Learning and up to date knowledge of neural network architectures.
- Authored publications in top-tier Computer Vision, Deep Learning, or Machine Learning conferences or journals.
- Successful participation or prizes in machine learning competitions (Kaggle etc.).
What we offer
- The chance to work in an innovative organisation focused on protecting our democracies
- The opportunity to drive impact in a fast-growing company with mission-orientated colleagues
- A diverse, collaborative, focused team located in the heart of Munich and offices in Berlin and London (and planned expansion in Paris)
- Flexible working hours and locations
- Diverse team events and fun in and outside the office
- Competitive compensation and stock options
Helsing is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity.