Operations & Enablement – Legal /
Who we are
Helsing is a new type of defence and artificial intelligence company. We believe that software - and especially artificial intelligence - will shape our democracies’ future. Our purpose is to attain technology leadership so that democratic societies are free to make sovereign decisions and control their ethical standards.
Our mission is to attract Europe’s best purpose-driven tech talent and apply their capabilities to some of the most complex problems.
We are looking for people with their heart in the right place, who share our conviction that our democratic values are worth protecting, for ourselves and for future generations.
The impact you will make
Our legal department strives to be a high-performing unit which offers more than on-demand concierge services. Above all we value strategic thinking, legal skills, professionalism, social intelligence and agility.
We are looking for a Germany based legal attorney. In this role you will report to the group’s General Counsel and work closely with the business leads of our German entity, Helsing GmbH. This is a key position within a rapidly scaling organisation
Specifically, you will
- have a voice in numerous strategic and tactical decisions working for, and in close contact with our German business leadership team
- you will be advising the team on the legal aspects of developing and implementing Artificial Intelligence solutions in defence and national security domains in Germany
- understanding Helsing's relationship with its German government customers and partners and provide advice in support of our business goals
- advising on export controls and other compliance regulations, intellectual property rights, data privacy and conflicts of interest under German laws
- advising on German defence procurement and single source contract regulations
- providing transactional support to our German business. This will include reviewing, negotiating and revising contractual agreements and software licensing with both defence companies and government customers
- supporting other Helsing departments with legal-related issues, particularly on the HR matters
Who we are looking for
- legal degree and 3+ years of firm, in-house, and/or government post-qualification experience
- grounding experience with technology licensing, especially in the IT and AI domains
- understanding of German defence procurement regulations
- excellent communication skills for engaging at all levels within an organization
- strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- ability to work independently in a dynamic, high-paced environment
- your own personal values match ours: ownership, initiative, dedication to mission, speed and inclusiveness
- you are a high performer who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- you are collaborative, humble and a problem-solver
- the chance to work in a fast-growing company full of mission-driven people
- an ambitious team located in Munich and Berlin, with other group offices in London and Paris
- flexible working hours
- competitive compensation
- diverse team events & fun outside the office
Helsing is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity.