Visual Inertial Odometry Engineer
Munich / Berlin / London / Paris /
Product – AI Research /
Who we are
Helsing is a new type of defence and artificial intelligence company. We believe that software - and especially artificial intelligence - will shape our democracies’ future. Our purpose is to attain technology leadership so that democratic societies are free to make sovereign decisions and control their ethical standards.
Our mission is to attract Europe’s best purpose-driven tech talent and apply their capabilities to some of the most complex problems.
We are looking for people with their heart in the right place, who share our conviction that our democratic values are worth protecting, for ourselves and for future generations.
Meet the team
At Helsing we want to deliver future AI capabilities that make a difference. Especially in defence, deployed AI algorithms must be tested and validated rigorously to enable seamless operation in harsh environments and challenging scenarios.
The Helsing AI Research team is developing algorithms that allow future intelligent platforms to localise, navigate and perceive the world in its true spatio-temporal structure.
The Impact you will make
As VIO Engineer you will have the opportunity to shape and establish a new position tightly integrated in the AI team. You will be designing and developing a visual inertial SLAM and localisation system for individual camera-based platforms, from the ground up, working with some of the smartest minds in the industry.
You will work on
- Apply pose graph optimization frameworks for the purpose of localizing a camera drone.
- Methods to combine platform data (IMU Data) with Visual Sensing information to achieve optimal Visual Inertial Odometry results and robust platform localization
- Direct or indirect visual odometry frontend techniques for efficient real time deployment on embedded devices
What you will need to succeed
- Hands-on experience with Visual Inertial Odometry.
- Experience with IMU Hardware and Camera Setup.
- Background of computer science, mathematics or other engineering majors.\
- Solid programming skills in Python and C/C++
- You love figuring things out, digging deeper and deeper until it finally clicks and you understand how they work.
- You are a high performer who thrives in a fast-pace environment
- You are collaborative, humble and a problem-solver
What should you expect?
- The chance to work in an innovative organisation focused on cutting-edge technology and on serving our democracies
- The opportunity to drive impact in a fast-growing company with mission-orientated colleagues
- A diverse, collaborative, and focused team located in the heart of Munich, with offices in Berlin and London (and planned expansion to Paris)
- Flexible working hours and locations
- Diverse team events and fun in and outside the office
- Competitive compensation and stock options
Helsing is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity.