Munich / Berlin / London / Paris /
Product – AI Research /
Who we are
Helsing is a new type of defence and artificial intelligence company. We believe that software - and especially artificial intelligence - will shape our democracies’ future. Our purpose is to attain technology leadership so that democratic societies are free to make sovereign decisions and control their ethical standards.
Our mission is to attract Europe’s best purpose-driven tech talent and apply their capabilities to some of the most complex problems.
We are looking for people with their heart in the right place, who share our conviction that our democratic values are worth protecting, for ourselves and for future generations.
The impact you will make
As an MLOps Engineer, you will have the opportunity to be in charge of all image, video and signal data processing within our Machine Learning teams and deploy Machine Learning workloads on cloud infrastructure.
You will contribute and work on
- Setup and deploy scalable Machine Learning workloads relating to data pre-processing, model training, model evaluation and model inference on cloud infrastructure
- Work together with our Machine Learning teams, in particular on implementing code to gather data (e.g., dataset crawling), load and extract data (e.g., extract image frames from video files), transform data (e.g., standardize annotation information) and validate data
- Work together with internal and external stakeholders to generate more data, e.g., run tools that generate synthetic image data out of 3D models and run tools that generate synthesized image data by means of Machine Learning GAN models
- Take control of our data annotation tasks and toolsets (both with internal and external annotation suppliers)
- Implement and operate Helsing’s data management infrastructure, including data and model versioning, provenance, and pipelining
- Develop internal tools for automatic image annotation
- Make our Machine Learning models reproducible
Who we are looking for
- Strong Python skills: you know how to write clean Python code and organize functionality across Python modules
- Machine Learning experience: while you are not required to independently implement complex Machine Learning code, we require you to have a decent understanding of Machine Learning concepts that allow you to collaborate with our Machine Learning teams
- Experience transforming research prototypes into robust and scalable products running on cloud infrastructure or edge devices
- A cross-team player that can juggle multiple tasks and projects in parallel with ease
- Organizational talent: being able to independently organize short and long-lived tasks and projects that depend on internal and external stakeholders
- Friendly communication skills: you will collaborate with various internal and external stakeholders from different professional backgrounds
Nice to have
- Image and video understanding knowledge, in particular around using PIL, OpenCV andFFmpeg and Python modules relating to image and video processing
- Experience with propagating annotation information across data
- Experience with implementing or operating a complex annotation service
- Experience with synthesizing images and videos by means of Machine Learning GAN models
- Experience with Linux, containerization and infrastructure management
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools
What we offer
- The chance to work in an innovative organisation focused on protecting our democracies and future generation.
- The opportunity to drive impact in a fast-growing company with mission-orientated colleagues.
- A diverse, collaborative, focused team located in the heart of Munich and offices in Berlin, London and Paris with relocation support if needed.
- Learning allowance to support your career development
- Flexible working hours and locations.
- Supportive team structures and regular feedback.
- Regular retreats to bring together all staff as one unit across Europe.
- Competitive compensation and stock options.
Helsing is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity.