Video Editor/Motion Graphics Designer
Munich / Berlin / London / Paris /
Product – Product Management /
Who we are
Helsing is a new type of defence and artificial intelligence company. We believe that software - and especially artificial intelligence - will shape our democracies’ future. Our purpose is to attain technology leadership so that democratic societies are free to make sovereign decisions and control their ethical standards.
Our mission is to attract Europe’s best purpose-driven tech talent and apply their capabilities to some of the most complex problems.
We are looking for people with their heart in the right place, who share our conviction that our democratic values are worth protecting, for ourselves and for future generations.
The Impact you will make
As an outstanding video and motion editor, you will be responsible for capturing and producing Helsing’s video content. From cutting-edge video editing to creating stunning visual effects and motion graphics, you understand the complete spectrum of skills needed to create high-impact, modern video productions. You will produce videos that explain our technology to customers, and across our social, web, event and global channels. The ideal candidate is highly creative, technically strong and can turn challenges into opportunities for career growth.
You will pave the way for the future of AI software in the defence sector in a way that has never been done before, helping define the company’s voice with finesse and creativity. Our fast-paced development process will require you to switch quickly and seamlessly between the different stages and products. We are iterating on short intervals, exchanging and integrating feedback quickly. To achieve this, you will have strong ownership of your responsibilities, we rely on you to communicate well to drive progress proactively and quickly.
You will work on
- As a video and motion editor at Helsing, you should demonstrate exceptional editing and motion design skills, creative problem-solving abilities, a strong sense of aesthetics and video production principles. You will plan and direct projects end to end, and serve as an integral member of the project team.
- The candidate must have an affinity for minimalist design, attention to the smallest of details, be able to optimise complex information architectures and simplify them.
- Collaborate with internal team producers throughout the life of a project
- Strong visual & documentary video storytelling
- Work closely with a project’s design lead or stakeholders to ensure work is delivered within project deadlines and scope and meets the brief, both creatively and technically.
- A variety of digital content platforms: product launches, social videos, studio content both as video editor and motion graphics design
- A variety of projects that range from experience design, design, animation, motion graphics and video.
What you will need to succeed
- A portfolio of outstanding video & motion graphics work, a unique creative vision and point of view
- Exceptional proficiency with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator (or equivalents)
- Experience with the full product lifecycle – You have led or contributed to the design in multiple products over the full lifecycle (ideation to video production and post-production)
- Good knowledge of production pipeline, techniques and executions
- Solid understanding of video editing and motion design principles (e.g. composition, visual & special effects, compositing, typography, color, audio)
- Working knowledge of current creative trends and innovations in motion graphics.
- Your own personal values match ours: ownership, initiative, dedication to mission, speed and inclusiveness
- You are a high performer who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- You are collaborative, humble and a problem-solver
Helsing is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity.