Deployed AI Engineer
Munich / Berlin / London / Paris /
Tech – Software Engineering /
Who we are
Helsing is a new type of defence and artificial intelligence company. We believe that software - and especially artificial intelligence - will shape our democracies’ future. Our purpose is to attain technology leadership so that democratic societies are free to make sovereign decisions and control their ethical standards.
Our mission is to attract Europe’s best purpose-driven tech talent and apply their capabilities to some of the most complex problems.
We are looking for people with their heart in the right place, who share our conviction that our democratic values are worth protecting, for ourselves and for future generations.
The impact you will make
Software only matters when it is actively being used and making a difference. As a Deployed AI Engineer, you will be at the heart of this - taking state-of-the-art AI research and models, and integrating it into complex systems.
You'll be defining and executing against the end-to-end outcome, and all steps on the way, to delivering novel capabilities in some of the most challenging environments around.
For example: you collaborate directly with customer avionics engineers to understand the data structures and APIs used in aircraft mission control systems. Instead of being scared, you embrace the complexity of unfamiliar databases, APIs, or network protocols; you dig into the specification and use your creativity and ingenuity to implement adapters for integrating them with Helsing’s cloud infrastructure. By embedding deeply with our partners and customers, you continuously evolve, improve, and operate Helsing software. You own the outcome end-to-end.
In close collaboration with our product teams, you discover and formalise customer requirements, identify bugs, and ship the latest features directly to our users. Technology demonstrations are our chance to shine - you will coordinate between customers, partners, and Helsing engineers to showcase Helsing’s software and AI capabilities in simulations or with real systems.
- There is no other company like Helsing: we are at a pivotal stage in our journey, with a unique level of funding, and a unique level of ambition.
- Work alongside and learn from world-class AI researchers and software engineers. Our team combines excellence with dedication to our mission.
- Define, create, and build from the ground up. Technology, processes, and even the organisation we are all part of.
- Be part of, and build, the foundational culture of the most important deep-tech company in Europe.
- Have an enormous impact on some of the most important geo-political, global problems, with an ethics-first approach. We regularly host company-wide fireside chats on key global issues and ethics debates.
- Be part of a transparent, friendly and outcome-driven culture where trust, respect, recognition and autonomy are at the forefront of everything that we do.
What will help you to succeed
- You have a degree in computer science, software engineering, electrical engineering, or other relevant fields.
- Your broad understanding and creative use of computer systems is the Swiss army knife in Helsing’s toolbox of world-class talent.
- You prefer asking questions over stipulating answers.
- You love figuring things out, digging deeper and deeper into unfamiliar systems until it finally clicks, and you understand how they work.
- You are not afraid of legacy systems and would rather make them work than give up and try to rewrite it all
- Bonus points if you have professional experience working in a defence context.
- You are comfortable with scripting languages such as BASH or Python and have experience with software engineering in C++, Java, Rust, or similar.
- You can navigate and configure Linux systems and have a basic understanding of network stacks and database systems.
What we offer
- The opportunity to drive impact and build the culture in one of the fastest-growing companies in Europe with mission-orientated colleagues
- A diverse, collaborative, hard-working team located in the heart of Munich, London and Berlin (with Paris office opening soon)
- Opportunity to visit and work from our other offices
- Flexible working hours and locations
- Diverse team events and fun in and outside the office
- Regular company-wide get-togethers in locations across Europe
- Highly competitive compensation, stock options, and benefits package
- All the equipment and technology requirements you need to be successful
Helsing is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity.