Senior Software Engineer - Dashcam Integration
San Francisco, CA
Hivemapper is a decentralized map network built by people using their dashcam and smartphone. It represents a fundamental shift in how maps are built. Forward looking businesses use our Map API. Our broad customer base spans enterprise tech, mapping and navigation, transportation and logistics, insurance and real estate, etc.
Our work is fast-paced, collaborative, and cross-disciplinary. We focus on solving hard problems, and we invest in our rapidly growing team and tech to do so.
Dashcam Integration Team
The dashcam team is responsible for the underpinnings of our high-level embedded dashcam software, mobile applications, backend sensor processing, edge compute solutions, and integration with our sensors.
- Building high performance sensor infrastructure from device to app to data ingest
- Working closely with engineering teams to deliver data-intensive sensor and mobile solutions
- Collaborating with product and design to deliver a great contributor experience
- Turning high-powered embedded modules and commodity smartphones into power-efficient edge compute nodes
- Building auditable and observable systems that can robustly handle billions of video frames, GNSS registrations, pointclouds, etc. each day
- Experience building applications that process large amounts of data
- Experience or interest in using the following: Typescript, C++, React-Native, Python, Java, Swift/Objective-C
- Comfortable developing on embedded Linux
- Experience with mobile networking protocols such as WiFi and WiFi-Direct
- Strong applied math skills (3D linear algebra, signal processing, statistics)
Nice to Haves
- Experience with imagery and 3D sensors or data, RF sensors (GNSS, LoRa)
- Experience with deploying ML models to IoT devices
- Experience shipping and supporting code running at large global scale
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Hivemapper, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Hivemapper does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Hivemapper does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.