Software Engineer - Machine Learning
San Francisco, CA /
Hivemapper is a decentralized map built by people using their dashcam and smartphone. It represents a fundamental shift in how maps are built. Forward looking businesses use our Map API. Our broad customer base spans enterprise tech, mapping and navigation, transportation and logistics, insurance and real estate, etc.
Our work is fast-paced, collaborative, and cross-disciplinary. We focus on solving hard problems, and we invest in our rapidly growing team and tech to do so.
We are actively looking for engineers with different levels of experience, and we will work together to find the right role for your next challenge.
Research & Development Team
The R&D team is responsible for bringing - or inventing - state of the art methods from computer vision, machine learning, 3D reconstruction, and data science to our massive imagery network. This includes developing systems for detection, localization, semantic understanding, 3D reconstruction, complex optimization, etc.
We run code on massive processing clusters, as well as at the edge on smart phones and embedded devices.
Hivemapper is currently in alpha mode and already generating billions of frames of 4k street level imagery across 3 continents. We have an internal data QA team who are available for ad-hoc data annotation and qualitative feedback, as well as large scale relationships with high quality data labeling shops.
- Keeping up to date with the state-of-the-art Machine Learning developments, and working to integrate them into our solutions
- Analyzing how existing models perform on different scales of locality (global, country, region, urban, suburban, rural, etc.) and working to improve them at large scale
- Working with teams all over the company to design and develop novel solutions to hard problems
- Publishing novel research, supporting open source initiatives, and presenting at conferences
- Helping to foster excellence across R&D
- Experience using machine learning in large-scale production environments
- Experience building systems that process large volumes of data
- Experience or interest in using the following: AWS, Typescript, Python, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Rust, ECS, Kubernetes, C++, GPGPU
- Strong math and analytical skills
- You are always interested in new challenges and are comfortable learning new technologies.
What we offer
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits including FSA
- Family leave
- 401(k) program
- Unlimited Flex PTO
- Paid lunch
- Commuter benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Hivemapper does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Hivemapper does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.