Senior Software Engineer - Platform
San Francisco, CA
Hivemapper is a decentralized map built by people using their dashcam and smartphone. It represents a fundamental shift in how maps are built. Forward looking businesses use our Map API. Our broad customer base spans enterprise tech, mapping and navigation, transportation and logistics, insurance and real estate, etc.
Our work is fast-paced, collaborative, and cross-disciplinary. We focus on solving hard problems, and we invest in our rapidly growing team and tech to do so.
We are actively looking for engineers with different levels of experience, and we will work together to find the right role for your next challenge.
About the team
The Platform Engineering team is responsible for the core abstractions and infrastructure that powers our product, data, and operations teams. This includes continuously improving reliability, performance, observability, and efficiency of our platform. We’re looking for engineers with a strong background or interest in building distributed systems, data-intensive applications, and product and ML infrastructure.
- Architecting, building, and training other teams on high performance infrastructure
- Working closely with supply, growth, and other engineering teams to deliver data-intensive platform solutions
- Integrating our core systems with a complex decentralized, quantitative-heavy web3 system
- Creating core abstractions for data that can scale to tens of thousands of users and 100s of millions of square kilometers across time
- Building auditable and observable systems that can robustly handle billions of video frames each day
- Helping to foster engineering excellence across backend development
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience designing data models
- Systems engineering experience with real-time and distributed system architecture
- Experience building systems that process large volumes of data
- Experience or interest in using the following: AWS, Typescript, Node, Rust, MongoDB, Solana, Python, ECS, Kubernetes, Spark, Redis
- Experience shipping and supporting code running at scale
- You are always interested in new challenges and are comfortable learning new technologies
What we offer
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits including FSA
- Family leave
- 401(k) program
- Unlimited Flex PTO
- Paid lunch
- Commuter benefits
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Hivemapper, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Hivemapper does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Hivemapper does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.