Business Development Lead
San Francisco, CA /
Hivemapper is a decentralized map built by people using their dashcam and smartphone. It represents a fundamental shift in how maps are built. Forward looking businesses use our Map API. Our broad customer base spans enterprise tech, mapping and navigation, transportation and logistics, insurance and real estate, etc.
Our work is fast-paced, collaborative, and cross-disciplinary. We focus on solving hard problems, and we invest in our rapidly growing team and tech to do so.
- Represent Hivemapper and manage efforts to partner with fleets, mapping companies, and customers to drive both supply (fleet contributors) and demand (customers)
- Structure, negotiate and execute scalable partnerships and deals with fleets and customers
- Quantify everything we do. You will drive partnerships that have meaningful impact on our key metrics that grow supply (contributors) and demand (customers)
- Collaborate with and engage internal and external financial partners and cross-functional stakeholders to execute deals supporting Hivemapper’s growth strategy
You should apply if
- You are SF Bay Area-based
- You have at least 5 years of professional work experience in sales, business development, and corporate development, and have strong professional networks
- You have at least 3 years of experience working within mapping, logistics, or similar fields (crypto or Web3 is a bonus!)
What we're looking for
- You understand how to balance incentives across disparate ecosystem stakeholders
- You have a track record of working with product and engineering teams, you have strong product instincts, and are able to identify opportunities to leverage our products and capabilities
- You have understanding of product strategy and key requirements for scaling products and operations through partnerships, especially with a user-first mentality
- You have demonstrated experience negotiating product enablement, distribution, or other partnership agreements, with a strong perspective on how partnerships can create value and differentiation
- You have multiple levels of managing experience, including working with C-level executives and different functional stakeholders such as legal, product, engineering, and sales internally and externally
- You are able to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
What we offer
- Medical, dental and vision benefits including FSA
- Family leave policy
- 401(k) program
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited Flex PTO
- Paid lunch
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Hivemapper does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Hivemapper does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.