Mountain View, CA /
Open Positions /
Holy Grail developed a direct air carbon capture technology that converts atmospheric carbon dioxide into giant pyramids. We are looking for proactive candidates who are ready to take ownership and are passionate about creating a sustainable solution to removing excess CO2 from the atmosphere. The ultimate goal of Holy Grail is to contribute to the long-term sustainability of life on Earth.
To support our growth, we are looking for a Robotics Engineer to join our team and drive the automation of our first CO2 capture plant. The ideal candidate has experience designing, testing and implementing robots and other automated systems for improving the efficiency of a plant. They are a proactive individual who is ready to take ownership and is passionate about creating a sustainable solution to removing excess CO2 from the atmosphere.
This role will be located full-time in Mountain View, CA.
• Experience in robotics engineering or a related field
• Strong knowledge of robotics hardware and software
• Experience with programming languages such as C++, Python, or Java
• Familiarity with robotic simulation software, such as Gazebo or V-REP
• Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
• Degree in robotics engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, or a related field
• Design and build robots and other automated systems to increase the efficiency of our first carbon capture plant, including developing the overall system, designing individual components and integrating all the parts into a functional robot.
• Test and debug robots, including running simulations and testing components
• Develop software and control systems to operate the robot
• Collaborate with other engineers to ensure that the robot components work together seamlessly
• Stay up to date with the latest technologies in robotics and automation
Nice to have:
• Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System)
• Experience with machine learning and AI
• Familiarity with industrial and/or manufacturing automation and robotics systems
What we offer:
You will join a team that is passionate about having an impact on climate change. We care about the optimal way to solve a problem and nurture a culture of creativity and collaboration. We care about quick iterations, minimizing assumptions, and we use emojis to label our chemicals. We work on interesting technical problems and provide support and resources to tackle them.
Impact: your contribution will directly impact our technical milestones and you will have full ownership of your projects. We don’t micromanage
No politics: we give you the resources to test all your wildest ideas in hours or days, not months. If there is a chance that something will advance our progress we will test it quickly to find the best solution as soon as possible
Ownership: not only you will own your projects you will also own part of the company
Autonomy: we welcome your independent perspective and embrace thought diversity and creative freedom
Flexibility: we encourage you to set and manage your time to achieve our shared goals and we offer a less rigid environment and company structure compared to academia and larger companies
Fun: we want to be happy at work because it’s more productive, so we cultivate an informal environment that is focused on the end goal, but celebrate all our wins along the way
• Stock options
• Paid time off
• Paid sick leave
• Health & dental insurance