Mountain View, CA /
Open Positions /
Holy Grail developed a direct air carbon capture technology that uses electrons to capture CO2 from the atmosphere. We are looking for proactive candidates who are ready to take ownership and are passionate about creating a sustainable solution to removing excess CO2 from the atmosphere. The ultimate goal of Holy Grail is to contribute to the long-term sustainability of life on Earth.
We are looking for research scientists to join our team and help bring our modular CO2 scrubbers to market.
This role will be located in Mountain View, CA. Candidates should be able to start as soon as possible.
• Detail-oriented with a creative approach to science and engineering
• A high degree of autonomy and independence
• Intrinsic motivation with a fundamental love of science
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly
• Understanding of how small molecules react and diffuse
• Experience in characterization of electrolyte systems
• Ability to communicate complex concepts
• Experience with materials discovery and selection
• Select materials for electrochemical systems
• Optimize electrochemical systems
• Design experiments (aided by modeling)
• Apply research findings from analogous fields
• Assemble and characterize electrochemical systems
• Collaborate with mechanical engineers, chemical engineers, and design engineers to develop manufacturing processes
Nice to have:
• Experience with electrochemical testing (CV, CA, EIS, CP)
• Experience with materials characterization (TGA, FTIR, DSC)
• Advanced degree in chemistry, material science, or related fields
• Experience with SEM, EDX, TEM, and GC
What we offer:
You will join a team that is passionate about having an impact on climate change. We care about the optimal way to solve a problem and nurture a culture of creativity and collaboration. We care about quick iterations, minimizing assumptions, and we use emojis to label our chemicals. We work on interesting technical problems and provide support and resources to tackle them.
Impact: your contribution will directly impact our technical milestones and you will have full ownership of your projects. We don’t micromanage
No politics: we give you the resources to test all your wildest ideas in hours or days, not months. If there is a chance that something will advance our progress we will test it as soon as possible
Ownership: not only you will own your projects you will also own part of the company
Autonomy: we welcome your independent perspective and encourage you to set and manage your time to achieve our shared goals
Flexibility: we cultivate an informal environment that is more fun and less rigid compared to academia and larger companies