Business Development Manager
NEW YORK /
Let’s jump into Hopscotch.
Small business expectations are changing, and seamless payments are table stakes. Decision-makers want and deserve rapid payments, simplicity, and greater connectivity. At Hopscotch, we believe the flow of money between businesses should mirror the seamless flow of money between individuals. As former small business owners ourselves, we’re all too familiar with the intricacies of getting paid and making payments to service providers. Hopscotch’s stored value accounts and consumer-like business profiles enable us to create an unmatched payments experience. But our vision extends beyond a payments platform. We’re building a destination for small businesses to connect, transact, and grow together. A simple, easy-to-use interface. A community of businesses thriving. Together. As one.
As Hopscotch's Business Development Manager, you will own the evolution of our offerings, revenue streams and the expansion of the business to position Hopscotch as an industry leader. You will operate collaboratively with Growth, Product, and Marketing teams, spearheading sales execution plans to drive and optimize revenue. The Manager, Business Development will create a future vision for how business is done to uncover opportunities and generate value. We’re looking for someone with FinTech and Financial Services domain knowledge with a proven track record of igniting revenue and growth.
On the daily.
- Serve as the strategic partnerships leader across the organization, partnering with cross-functional team members to meet revenue and strategic objectives.
- Lead & close strategic partnerships with senior level executives across industry verticals, driving Hopscotch's revenue.
- Identify, prioritize and pursue new business development activity through negotiating potential strategic partners to drive growth and revenue.
- Own probability adjusted revenue pipeline to Closed Won against targets for identified revenue streams.
- Partnership relationship management, stewarding client on-boarding and managing hand-off to Hopscotch's Product and Operations teams.
- Own, coordinate, and execute company cross-functional business strategy, driving company's business development objectives and growth.
- Monitor trends across payments, building relationships with executives across the B2B industry, identify additional partnership and revenue opportunities.
- Accomplished and respected, with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Proven track record of successfully driving revenue growth.
- Commercially focused with the ability to identify opportunities, define solutions, and execute.
- Client centric with a real understanding of Small Business challenges & needs.
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal) and public speaking skills.
- High-level understanding of the FinTech space in terms of trends and competitive landscape.
- Strong leadership ability with a history of leading teams and cultivating teamwork & collaborative thinking.
- Ability to perform responsibilities with minimal supervision, exercising discretion and independent/sound judgment.
Hopscotch’s stored value accounts and consumer-like business profiles enable us to create an unmatched payments experience. But our vision extends beyond a payments platform. We’re building a destination for small businesses to connect, transact, and grow together. A simple, easy-to-use interface. A community of businesses thriving. Together. As one.
Hopscotch treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.