Front End Developer (React.js)
Vancouver, BC, CAN /
Product and Technology – Technology /
Hi, our name is House of Kibaa
We are a new generation of content creators that are designing for the future. We are merging our expertise in 3D assets and tokenization, blockchain-based NFT tech, and our very own expansive metaverse, Project Origin. We are here to create 3D assets as well as to partner, collaborate, and/or consult with other innovative studios and brands. We are aiming high and want to be the leader for 3D and NFT-based products. We are a diverse global team with an office in Vancouver, and team members around the world. One of our projects at the moment, Genzeroes, is the first live action series powered by NFTs .
Hey, we’ve been looking for you
House of Kibaa (HoK) is looking for an experienced, results driven Front End Developer to design and implement frontend applications for our revolutionary studio. Striving to deliver the very best in next-generation VR, AR & MR experiences. We're looking for someone with experience architecting, writing, testing and shipping production-quality code. You will bring expertise, rigour, and have a refined eye for UX/UI. You enjoy carving out unique and polished user interactions with every project. The chosen candidate will have the responsibility of actively participating with a team focused on constantly delivering high quality code. You are adaptable to meet the constantly changing demands of a Web3/Gaming start-up and resilient to balance multiple projects at once.
What we need you to do
- Make all user interaction with our platform and projects a polished enjoyable experience.
- Develop frontend systems (brainstorm, experiment design, architect, implement, document, test, and support) that enrich the experience of our users.
- Build services that interface with the NFT blockchain that extend and evolve our tools
- Collaborate with the Back End Developers and other team members to integrate underlying systems with user-facing elements
- Follow new and emerging technologies
What you have
- 2-5 years experience as a Front End Developer in a professional environment working with one or more of the following:
- Specific experience with React.
- Has a good eye for design and a solid understanding of user experience principles.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting client integrations to ensure client success
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, portable, reliable, and optimized code
- Planning, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to multitask & prioritize
- Effective communication skills, written & verbal, with stakeholders of all levels.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
(2)Development and deployment with web services technologies(AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
(3)Relational and non-relational databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB, MySQL or other)
(4)Unreal Engine or bespoke game engines on consoles or mobile devices
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of crypto, NFTs, and blockchain is a huge plus. Without this experience, you’ll need to be a quick learner hungry to dive straight in.
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent software engineering adjacent program
- An active Github profile
What to expect
- Hybrid work model out of our office in Vancouver, BC (minimum 2 days in-office).
What you get
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Competitive extended health benefits plan
- 10 PTO Days (personal health, family care, and mental health days)
- Flexible scheduling
Preference will be given to candidates local to Vancouver, BC. Please be sure to include a link to your demo reel or portfolio for consideration.