Principle Software Engineer (Gaming and Web applications)
Vancouver, BC, CAN /
Product and Technology – Technology /
Hi, our name is House of Kibaa
We are a new generation of content creators that are designing for the future. We are merging our expertise in 3D assets and tokenization, blockchain-based NFT tech, and our very own expansive metaverse, Project Origin. We are here to create 3D assets as well as to partner, collaborate, and/or consult with other innovative studios and brands. We are aiming high and want to be the leader for 3D and NFT-based products. We are a diverse global team with an office in Vancouver, and team members around the world. One of our projects at the moment, Genzeroes, is the first live action series powered by NFTs .
Hey, we’ve been looking for you
House of Kibaa (HoK) is looking for an experienced, results driven Principle Software Engineer to manage our full stack and lead a team of engineers working .Net, C#, C++ & AWS. You will be leading skilled engineers responsible for developing VR, AR & MR experiences on our platform. It will be part of your job to understand HOK’s vision, and then prototype and develop software solutions. You will partner with internal teams and external clients to build and scale projects on top of our data platform. The ideal candidate is adaptable, meeting the constantly changing demands of a Web3/Gaming start-up and resilient in balancing multiple projects at once.
What we need you to do
- Manage a team focused on the research, design, implementation, and testing of NFT focused projects
- Support engineers in building internal tools for managing projects
- Identify and execute strategies that can help development with regard to Web3/Game Engine connected workflows
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term roadmaps. Managing tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation.
- Interact with the executive team and external clients to define, prioritize, and ensure smooth deployments
- Foster a culture of creativity and innovation while also promoting practical & agile decision-making
What you have
- 7+ years experience in a professional environment working with one or more of the following: (1) Web applications for distributed systems or blockchain systems(2)Development and deployment with web services technologies[AWS, GCP, Azure, etc] (3)Relational and non-relational databases [DynamoDB, MongoDB, MySQL or other]
- .Net and C++ experience
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting client integrations to ensure client success
- Excellent knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and programming techniques Planning, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to multitask & prioritize
- Effective communication skills, written & verbal, with stakeholders of all levels.
- Experience building and shipping customer facing products and/or scalable full stack systems
- Experience with rapid development cycles in a web-based environment
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of crypto, NFTs, and blockchain is a huge plus. Without this experience, you’ll need to be a quick learner hungry to dive straight in.
- Experience with C#, React, and/or Unreal Engine
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent software engineering adjacent program
- An active Github profile
What to expect
- Hybrid work model out of our office in Vancouver, BC (minimum 2 days in-office).
What you get
- $130,000-$150,000 CAD annually
- 4 weeks paid vacation.
- Competitive extended health benefits plan.
- 10 PTO Days (personal health, family care, and mental health days).
- Flexible scheduling.
Preference will be given to candidates local to Vancouver, BC. Please be sure to include a link to your demo reel or portfolio for consideration.