Head of Content (On-site or Remote)
Brooklyn, NY /
HowGood – Marketing /
HowGood is a mission-driven, sustainability research company with the world’s largest food product sustainability database. We aim to transform the food system by enabling food brands, suppliers, retailers and food service providers to see the impact of their products with radical transparency, then illuminate actionable paths towards a more regenerative food system. Our SaaS sustainability intelligence platform, Latis, is used by global food companies such as General Mills, Danone, Kraft Heinz and others to measure, communicate, and improve their environmental and social impact through granular, best-in-class ingredient data on metrics ranging from carbon footprint to biodiversity to supply chain labor risk. We are not just a data provider, though: what makes HowGood different is in our customer relationships and thought leadership within the quickly-changing landscape of food sustainability.
We are currently seeking a Head of Content who will be the voice of HowGood’s brand, responsible for creating and executing our content strategy across channels. You’ll be joining the marketing team at a pivotal moment as we embrace a demand generation ethos and rely on carefully-crafted content to inspire and engage our target audience. As the public voice of our brand, you'll be responsible for setting our editorial calendar and will work jointly with the Director of Marketing to own the team’s campaign calendar, weaving your content into our larger brand awareness, lead generation, and lead nurturing efforts. Your position will live at the nexus of brand marketing, product marketing, sales, and research, and as such you will draw inspiration from our in-house sustainability experts while holding a big-picture understanding of the food industry’s most pressing challenges and opportunities related to carbon reduction strategies, climate change commitments, and sustainability-focused marketing.
Our team moves fast, holding each other accountable for agile and iterative development. We design every project around continuous learning and testing. If this sounds good to you, and you are also impassioned by bringing about change to the foods we grow and eat, read on:
As the owner and creator of our content, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing a content marketing strategy that aligns with our positioning within the food industry and delivers high-quality, highly-engaged leads.
- Creating and managing a content calendar while working closely with our Marketing Operations Manager to ensure your content is delivered across all channels in the most effective manner.
- Writing and editing high-quality, long-form content that resonates with our target audience of food brands, retailers, ingredients suppliers and food service providers, speaking to the issues they face daily in an ever-changing food sustainability landscape.
- Supporting our Marketing Operations Manager to analyze and report on the performance of your initiatives, maintaining a curiosity and inspiration to drive increasing success.
- Collaborating with our PR agency to support their development of an editorial and media pitch calendar.
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends with a deep understanding of our customers and their needs, through reading industry publications, listening to Sales team calls, and gaining insight from our Customer Success team.
- Building relationships with industry partners to expand our network and increase brand awareness.
- Partnering with our Sales team to capitalize on events and speaking opportunities as a way to engage our audience on key offerings
Your primary deliverables will include:
- A content calendar and corresponding campaign calendar
- Blog posts and whitepapers
- Facilitation of webinar series
- Website content creation
- Bylines for publication on external outlets
- Case studies
- Email marketing and paid advertising copywriting
- 3-5 years experience in marketing for a B2B SaaS company
- Demonstrated expertise in sustainability and/or the food industry
- Strong writing and editing skills, with demonstrated ability to create content that engages and converts
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Excellent communication and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Willingness to not let ‘perfect’ get in the way of ‘good’
- Experience at a start-up preferred
Why work at HowGood?
- Salary range $80,000-$100,000 (salary commensurate with experience)
- Competitive compensation packages, with medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) and unlimited PTO
- 100% paid parental leave
- Remote-first with offices available in Brooklyn and Upstate New York (headquarters in Stone Ridge, NY)
- Flexible, relaxed, but fast-moving environment
- We are a uniquely supportive, driven, and positive group of people with a shared commitment to improving the state of our planet, and we get to see the impact of that work every day
To be considered for this role, you must include a cover letter with your application.
HowGood is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We aim to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.