Part-Time Paralegal (Remote)
Brooklyn, NY /
HowGood – Business Operations /
HowGood is an independent research company with the world's largest database on product sustainability. With more than 33,000 ingredients, chemicals, and materials assessed, HowGood SaaS and impact data offerings help leading brands, retailers and investors improve their environmental and social impact. Through in-depth, ingredient-level insights into factors ranging from greenhouse gas emissions to animal welfare to labor risk, HowGood data powers strategic decision-making for the sourcing, manufacturing, merchandising, and marketing of sustainable products.
HowGood is seeking a dynamic and motivated part-time paralegal who enjoys a fast-moving environment and is interested in supporting a scaling start up on a range of legal needs. We are looking for someone with the ability and autonomy to dig into compliance issues, balance risk mitigation with business priorities, and manage a wide range of agreements all while making sure that boxes are ticked, contracts are organized, and legal requirements are communicated to the appropriate individuals. This individual will work directly with our COO and external counsel on a variety of documents including, SaaS agreements, vendor agreements, service agreements, partnership agreements, and NDAs. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills, and the ability to easily switch gears and manage competing priorities. A high level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information is essential.
- Draft, review and analyze a variety of customer and other agreements including but not limited to service agreements, license agreements, partner agreements, contractor agreements, order forms, renewal agreements, statements of work and non-disclosure agreements in collaboration with COO and external counsel
- Quickly identify the major legal issues and risks presented and provide recommendations
- Organize and maintain agreements and assist with process improvement initiatives for scalability
- Research domestic and international laws related to corporate law, software sales, tax, privacy, and other compliance requirements
- Work with the sales and operations teams and respond to requests for information, compliance questionnaires, and respond to redlines
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Paralegal Certificate from ABA approved Paralegal program
- Experience in drafting and reviewing commercial contracts, with a minimum of 1-year experience with SaaS licensing agreements and nondisclosure agreements
- Good project management skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Must be detail-oriented with the capability to analyze information and draw logical conclusions
- Practical understanding of business issues
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
HowGood is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.