Product Marketing Director (Remote)
High Falls, NY /
HowGood – Innovation /
HowGood is an independent research company with the world's largest database on product sustainability. With more than 33,000 ingredients, chemicals, and materials assessed, HowGood SaaS and impact data offerings help leading brands, retailers and investors improve their environmental and social impact. Through in-depth, ingredient-level insights into factors ranging from greenhouse gas emissions to animal welfare to labor risk, HowGood data powers strategic decision-making for the sourcing, manufacturing, merchandising, and marketing of sustainable products.
We are looking for an experienced product marketer to help fuel the growth of our sustainability intelligence platform, Latis. As the Product Marketing Director, you will sit at the intersection of Marketing, Product, Sales, and Engineering and play a critical role in leading the market research, product messaging and positioning, sales collateral management, and go-to-market strategy for our B2B SaaS product.
What success in this role looks like:
- You can name every top competitor in our industry and explain what differentiates us from each one.
- You can describe the range of challenges and opportunities our target market faces, and how our product responds to each of them.
- You know the current trends in our industry and can predict future opportunities to inform our product roadmap.
- You have a deep understanding of how our current customers engage with our product, what they like most about it, and what functionality they’re most looking forward to having.
- You have empowered our Sales Team to comfortably and expertly speak to all of the above.
- You have used the insights above to shape and execute a go-to-market strategy that brings our product to new audiences and strengthens its visibility among current leads.
Key responsibilities, in order of importance, include:
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer through market research, competitor analysis, field research, and current customer use cases and needs assessments.
- Create, maintain, and manage assets - in partnership with Content Marketing and Design - to support Sales and Customer Success. These include messaging talking points, use cases, one-pagers, and sales collateral.
- Analyze current product usage and performance through user analytics and product testing with current customers.
- Craft and execute a go-to-market strategy for the product at large and new key features that are released, including marketing campaigns and online lead generation.
- Influence the product roadmap through a synthesis of user research, competitor analysis, and market trends.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience, preferably at a B2B SaaS company
- Proficiency in sustainability concepts and software solutions, preferably in the context of the CPG industry
- Comfort with the ambiguity inherent in a fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to convey complex ideas and data in written and visual formats
- Strong proficiency in sourcing and analyzing the data needed to make effective marketing decisions, as well as a high comfort level in operating with and making decisions with partial information
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve, and work independently in a dynamic, rapidly changing workplace
- Willingness to travel to industry conferences and events
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills
- Comfort working remotely if not based in Upstate New York
- Experience and comfort working with G-Suite, Google Analytics, Slack (or equivalent), and Microsoft PowerPoint required; Adobe Creative Suite preferred
Please submit a resume and cover letter.
HowGood is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.