Manager-Financial Planning & Analysis (In Person or Remote)
Stone Ridge, NY /
HowGood – Business Operations /
HowGood is an independent research company with the world's largest database on product sustainability. With more than 33,000 ingredients, chemicals, and materials assessed, HowGood SaaS and impact data offerings help leading brands, retailers and investors improve their environmental and social impact. Through in-depth, ingredient-level insights into factors ranging from greenhouse gas emissions to animal welfare to labor risk, HowGood data powers strategic decision-making for the sourcing, manufacturing, merchandising, and marketing of sustainable products.
The Manager, FP&A will be the first hire onto the finance team, and will be a key contributor to HowGood’s financial planning and analysis. This position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and will work closely with senior management to drive forecasting and financial modeling, support annual planning, and deliver insights on financial performance to the leadership team. The Manager, FP&A will contribute to the preparation of board packages, monthly investor reporting, and business intelligence/KPI dashboards. This position is ideal for an individual with experience in high growth start-ups, who is excited about the opportunity to have a direct hand in building out the finance function. The Manager, FP&A must have a solid foundation of accounting and finance, experience with budgeting and planning, strong modeling skills, and the ability to work cross-functionally to drive results.
- Create detailed complex financial and analytical models to forecast and analyze revenue performance, cost of revenue, cash position, operating growth and efficiencies
- Prepare detailed budgets and forecasts for stakeholders on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis including all financial statements and supporting schedules
- Update financial models monthly with updated expense and business metrics and reforecast the business as appropriate
- Manage outsourced accounting team to ensure timely and accurate monthly close, and support year end audit process
- Calculate and manage monthly commission payouts for all commission-based employees
- Assist the COO in building an Annual Operating Plan and evaluate processes and systems to develop, recommend and implement changes that improve the accuracy and efficiency of the budget process
- Assist with fundraising related activities and due diligence as needed
- Perform ad hoc financial reports and analysis as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in financial analysis/reporting, including ad hoc reporting, variance analysis and budgeting, working knowledge of SaaS revenue models preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skillsMust be an analytical and critical thinker with the ability to dig deep into the details but present high-level findings to management
- Exceptional MS Excel skills
- Detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Be proactive and self-motivator with the ability to learn quickly
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts, US GAAP and applications
HowGood is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We aim to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.